cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Service - Not registered on Network Message. How to fix?

safrazyassin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My cell phone Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx can't make any calls (It can not receive or dial out any calls). I am getting this error message "Not registered on Network" every time I attempt to make a call. When I dial the tel no from another phone, it goes to voice mail automatically

Can you please advise how to resolve this issue? Below are the steps that I tried so far:

1. Checked the Public mobile community website and tried the following:
2. Logged into the online portal and everything seems functional, account is active
3. Made a top up of $21 to my plan and that worked ok. It went through ok
4. Restart the phone, did a complete shutdown and restart (remove sim card and reinstall sim but still did not work)
5. Went in to the public mobile kwois and they could not help. They advised to open ticket to public mobile community
6. Went to TELUS booth and they could not help, advised to follow-up with 1-833-378-2524
7 Called the Public mobile number: 1-833-378-2524, but it is asking for "dealer" or Retailer" which I am neither and call terminated
8. I changed location and try the phone earlier today outside the house and same issue
9. I do have 2 other Public mobile numbers (xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxx-xxx-xxxx) both of these are working fine
10. Exchange the phone (Try the sim card, in another cell phone and still got the same message "Not registered on Network")
11. Try a functional Public mobile sim in my existing phone, and that work fine (The phone is working fine)

Until yesterday, the phone was working fine with no issues. I am frustrated with the service received so far. Please advise how o resolve this

Thanks for your time and help; have a wonderful day

Cheers!
Abdool

41 REPLIES 41

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Don't use your pet name, birthday for your password or PIN#.  Hackers can look up these info from your FB, Twitter accounts.  Watch the following CBC Market place on social engineering to find your info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_r2GYLdCI

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@safrazyassin wrote:

Hello,

My cell phone Number: xxxxxxxxxx can't make any calls

9. I do have 2 other Public mobile numbers (XXX XXX XXXX) both of these are working fine

Thanks for your time and help; have a wonderful day

Cheers!
Abdool

It's only a matter of time and your other numbers will be hacked as well...if they haven't already.

By you posting the phone numbers on a Community Forum for everyone to see...well...you're asking for more vexation.

Follow provided instructions to edit those numbers out.

@safrazyassin and if you don't remove all the other phone numbers, you may be looking at another problem in the next few days.  Please remove all personal information in your post!

Calling the Ghostbusters!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@safrazyassin sorry to say that your phone number had been ported to Fido.

ottawa number now with fido.png

Follow the instructions already provided by other members above and contact a moderator.

There seem to be an awful lot of these happening lately. I wonder if the majority / all of these cases are people getting into the account by using the correct username and password or is it a case of social engineering, ie: mods duped into believing someone owns an account and them getting in that way? Either way the people affected need to look at where the breach in their personal data has occurred. Is this something that PM will tell the affected people?

@safrazyassin 

Report your phone lost/stolen. Change your password. Check the last 4 digits of your simcard with the ones in your account. if they dont match call your bank etc....youve been simjacked.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @safrazyassin ,

Oh dear, not sounding good. I would guess this is a SIM card fraudulent issue.

As per @gpixel , check to see if the SIM matches your actual SIM. 

If your SIM does match, then maybe your SIM needs cleaning or it has been become dud. Remove and gently clean the contacts, then re-insert and see what happens.

Good luck and I hope things work out.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@safrazyassin 

If you have been sim jacked as per @gpixel  Log into self service and put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@safrazyassin : I just gotta say...outstanding troubleshooting! Wow! I vote gpixel4. (wts 🙂 )

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@safrazyassin 

login to your self serve account and click on "change sim" make sure the last 4 digits match the sim card in your phone. if it doesn't match then someone is commiting fraud.

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

contact customer support mods

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@safrazyassin 

Choose 3 vertical dots and edit your post to remove numbers. This is a public forum. Everyone can see your personal information.   Help please, @computergeek541 @Alex_D @Alexia_H @Ana_H @Carlos_T @Gilberto_R @Oana_S @CS_Agent @Alice_U 

dots.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.