cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA ACCESS - unable to join Public Mobile LTE

sarahhelpme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid for a data plan with 5GB of data. I went through the long process of unlocking my phone and switching over to public mobile from virgin, which took half a day and repeatedly being sent back to both phone companies. Now when I access my phone info, it says I'm registered with public mobile.

I cannot use the data network. I paid for 5GB of data, and as soon as I left my house I had 0 access. I tried to manually join the "Public Mobile LTE" network, and I am repeatedly told that service is "not available". I have 5 bars, but no webpages will load, maps won't load, my messenger texts won't load. I clearly don't have data.

I was out (hence needing the data) and needed to contact public mobile to help me, and then I was told you can only access public mobile customer service ONLINE -- how does that help me if my entire problem is that I can't get online?? I have been with PM two days and both days have been a nightmare so far. Please tell me how to get the data I paid for.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kc436 wrote:

**bleep** it what is my access no. and why is nearly imposable to get a new one .i havent used it in 7 years and you wont help me

@kc436 : What access number are you asking about? What are you trying to do?

kc436
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

**bleep** it what is my access no. and why is nearly imposable to get a new one .i havent used it in 7 years and you wont help me

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic 

A solution was selected already for this thread and it's from two months ago. The recent revival makes no sense yet but we'll see what if anything comes of it.

A for effort though.

@popping wrote:

@sarahhelpme wrote:

😞 If I had known I would need to factory reset the phone to be able to use this network, I wouldn't have switched to Public Mobile.....

I guess I'll start saving everything onto a hard drive.

Thank you PM friends for your assistance, it's much appreciated.

For LG phone, every time you change provider, you need to network reset your LG phone.  It is a LG thing.  It has nothing to do with PM.  Just treat this as a learning experience.  You know what to do if you decided to switch to other mobile provider.

Please note that network reset changes only the network settings only.  It will leave your othere data unchanged. 

You need to backup everything if you want to do factory reset.  Network reset is not factory reset.

Reset network settings on LG g4
Resetting network settings resets all data connections back to the out of the box factory defaults. The following changes occur when you reset network settings.

Stored Wi-Fi networks are deleted.
Stored tethered connections are deleted.
Paired Bluetooth devices are deleted.
Background data sync settings are turned on.
Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off are reset to the default setting.
Network selection mode is set to automatic.
Preferred mobile network type is set to best.

The device connections status default to the following when the device is powered on for the first time.

Airplane mode: OFF
Bluetooth: OFF
Data roaming: OFF
Mobile hotspot: OFF
VPN: OFF
Mobile data: ON
Wi-Fi: ON

To perform a Network reset, follow these steps.

From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
If using Tab view, select the General tab > Backup & reset.
Tap Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS > Reset Settings

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarahhelpme wrote:

😞 If I had known I would need to factory reset the phone to be able to use this network, I wouldn't have switched to Public Mobile.....

For LG phone, every time you change provider, you need to network reset your LG phone.  It is a LG thing.  It has nothing to do with PM.  Just treat this as a learning experience.  You know what to do if you decided to switch to other mobile provider.

Please note that network reset changes only the network settings only.  It will leave your othere data unchanged. 

You need to backup everything if you want to do factory reset.  Network reset is not factory reset.

mimmo

@sarahhelpme it's nothing to do with pm. But a lg thing.  

I had to go through it a couple times with my lgs.

After that @sarahhelpme...it will be OK and you will save money on your plan for sure...Smiley Wink

sarahhelpme

sarahhelpme

I'm trying to google "reset network settings LG G4", but the first two sets of instructions don't seem to apply to my G4??

I don't see an option to "reset settings" anywhere on my Settings App info. I am so confused.

sarahhelpme

It says "No APNs". 

popping

@sarahhelpme wrote:

I am using an LG G4 phone. I don't know what "an settings" are - but if I go to Network Settings, it says I'm with Public Mobile with a signal strength of -99 dBm 7asu, HSPA:10. My service status is "in service" (and the top of my phone currently shows I have 3 bars of data I can't access), I'm not roaming, and my mobile network state is "disconnected". But nothing happens when I click on the "disconnected" network state.

For LG phone, you need to do network reset your LG phone before getting data.

@sarahhelpme LG phones are known for data not working when changing to different carrier. I believe you might need to try resetting your network settings. If that does not work, factory reset is required (make sure to back up your data). 

sarahhelpme

Take my sim card out, re-insert it, and start my phone again? Is that what you mean?

I'll try that.

This didn't work. I still have no connection.

APN settings... @sarahhelpme

sarahhelpme

I am using an LG G4 phone. I don't know what "an settings" are - but if I go to Network Settings, it says I'm with Public Mobile with a signal strength of -99 dBm 7asu, HSPA:10. My service status is "in service" (and the top of my phone currently shows I have 3 bars of data I can't access), I'm not roaming, and my mobile network state is "disconnected". But nothing happens when I click on the "disconnected" network state.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And no with public mobile you can't speak with someone...but you can ask for help here @sarahhelpme...Smiley Happy

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@sarahhelpme

Okay if you have problem with data you can try that:

take out your sim and close your phone  take back your sim and open your phone

Does it work?

mimmo

What phone are you using and have set up your an settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.