cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My signup failed because I supplied the wrong Account Number from Bell to port. How do I change it?

paaping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

a lady called me to tell me it failed because i had the wrong account.  I did not have my paperwork at the time.  I have it now.  Can I change this number myself?

7 REPLIES 7

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

@paaping I believe you should check if there is an account in that customers name.  If so, find out if it can be cancelled or edited to enter the correct Bell account number for porting.

Once you have completed this make sure you check with the customer after the set-up to make sure she is signed up and that her phone is working properly.   

Eliza5

@paaping wrote:

a lady called me to tell me it failed because i had the wrong account.  I did not have my paperwork at the time.  I have it now.  Can I change this number myself?

When you say failed, do you mean the actual sign up or just the number porting?  Public Mobile does not check the validity of the number port request before submitting it. So, even if the wrong Bell account number was submited, you Public Mobile service should still be working for outgoing calls, outgoing text messages, data, and incoming text messages from within Telus. Both your Public Mobile and Bell (Canada or Mobility) accounts with both have the same phone number.

Perosnally, I consider that to be a security risk, but this is how Telus has always done number porting.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@paaping  Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is fully functional.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@paaping no, you have to contact the moderators in order to port now.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. 
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Give them the name on the account, phone number to be ported and your Bell account number. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@paaping contact the moderators they are the ones that will need to help you with this issue. click the bottom right question mark. type speak to a human -->account related issue ----> speak to a human ---> open ticket > PORT

Youll be good to go and they will contact you.

Cheers

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@paaping try logging into the account you just made and re-register and use private/incognito mode on your browser.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@paaping  You need to submit a ticket to Public with the correct information.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.