cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My review: “In Good Times and in Bad Times”

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This vow was given to Public Mobile on April 29, 2016 when I signed up.

At the beginning there were awesome times in the little family where peace and quiet kept us going strong together. The bad times started when Public Mobile gave us a scare at the beginning of 2018. In those bad times my faith in Public Mobile was weakening as rumours about the fate shook me and threatened to end my relationship with Public Mobile. I have to admit, I thought about being unfaithful and break up. Only my believe in better times kept me with Public Mobile.  Until today I do not regret it.

Within those two years:
I auto-renewed 8 times without any glitches
I bought a 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) – no glitches
I bought a US add on for my USA trip – no glitches

From the long distance add on I bought on the first day of signing up I used 288 out of 400 minutes.  For me all incoming calls are free no matter where I am in Canada and no matter who calls me from the world.

Spoiler
I know it is not supposed to be this way, but it is one of the glitches in favour of the customer. I will not complain about this sweet little “baby” Public Mobile gave me.  

At the moment I am on the fall promo plan $120/12GB
Today with my auto-renewal I entered the 2 year Loyalty Club and will be earning those awesome fixed rewards every 90 days:

$6 in loyalty reward
$6 auto-pay reward

That is $108 for 90 days and 12 GB I can use whenever I want (in those 90 days).

No other carrier can beat this monthly price of $36.

Of course my monthly price is even lower because of the additional community rewards and referral rewards. But I see those as bonuses or little treats to keep the relationship spicy and going….

I am a proud bearer of most community rewards badges ranging from top 50% to top 0.5%.  My activity in the forum is not as high anymore as my little PM family grew bigger and we have a lot of impatient tantrum throwing cry-babies.  Other long time family members can take care of them. 😉

For this moment I will stick with Public Mobile…. Till Death do us part.

6 REPLIES 6

ute1978

@NDesai wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

From the long distance add on I bought on the first day of signing up I used 288 out of 400 minutes.  For me all incoming calls are free no matter where I am in the world and no matter who calls me.

Spoiler
I know it is not supposed to be this way, but it is one of the glitches in favour of the customer. I will not complain about this sweet little “baby” Public Mobile gave me.  

I think you mean where ever you are in Canada/US? 

Ah, yes, of course. I edited the OP. I wanted to say no matter who calls me from all over the world.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ute1978 wrote:

@tzliu wrote:

Technically you are paying $36.5 a month. 🙂

Please explain how.

365/90 = 4.055555555

108*4.05555555 = 438

438/12 = $36.5 per month

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ute1978 wrote:

From the long distance add on I bought on the first day of signing up I used 288 out of 400 minutes.  For me all incoming calls are free no matter where I am in the world and no matter who calls me.

Spoiler

I think you mean where ever you are in Canada/US? 

ute1978

@tzliu wrote:

Please explain how.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For me, PRE-PAID is priceless and worth sticking around.  

jp2

Hopefully they keep the good times rolling. With the new referral announcement I think the community will grow at a faster rate 

Need Help? Let's chat.