cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ranking went up

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a town hero now!  I am not sure what it takes to be one.  Am a I worthy??? 

110 REPLIES 110

@Markmark2112 

I was a model citizen....so was @CannonFodder  and @CFPartDeux  but its the hypocrisy one feels as they rise thru the ranks and read threads likes this......what's good for the gander is only good for the gander apparently!

Markmark2112
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seems the step from great citizen to model citizen is exponentially less than the folowing jump.

I think if I could gain the notoriety model cut. Today I would feel accomplished....mostly the irony might fill that hole.

Markmark2112
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would be more than happy to achieve a permanent town hero status .

Good morning Saturdays rule!!!

@Yukon1 wrote:

At what point do you actually start earning rewards? Do you have to respond to posts all day to receive a dollar? Is there somewhere that lists the rewards by number of posts?

There are no set numbers. The rewards are dependent on the particpation of others and possibly how much money Public Mobile has alocated to to the program that month.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@will13am wrote:

I am a town hero now!  I am not sure what it takes to be one.  Am a I worthy??? 

Can we Lounge old threads that meet the new criteria? If so, how old must they be? 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Yukon1 I hate to repeat myself but how can you even measure the joy of helping here in $; it's priceless. But if you really want to know: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Best-Reward-for-your-efforts/m-p/526063/hi...

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I have some free time I will check the forum, and if I can add something useful,  I will post it. Its nice that they offer rewards, but I am not posting just to get a reward. I try to be helpful and If i need help about PM, will look at the forums to find the answers. If not I can always post a question. If I get a reward....great, if not so be it.

Yukon1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lol good to know. Well, here's a bravo for your efforts then!

@Yukon1 wrote:

At what point do you actually start earning rewards? Do you have to respond to posts all day to receive a dollar? Is there somewhere that lists the rewards by number of posts?

Here is some general info on rewards

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

@Yukon1 Hi no one knows for sure public mobile has a secret formula that only they know it’s probably a combination of bravos given bravos received solutions to problems and combination of all

Yukon1

@Naepalm wrote:

My biggest question would be is it worth the 2 hours a day for months on end? If you spend 2 hours a day for 30 days and ultimately only get $20.00 credit, you may be able to do something more profitable right? 

How can you even measure the joy of helping here in $; it's priceless. But if you really want to know: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Best-Reward-for-your-efforts/m-p/526063/hi...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

yeah those were my thoughts but I suppose you could hop on here in your downtime and try to help out the community, less about the money and more about the contribution, I guess?

@Naepalm think of it this way: your time spent here is volunteering, and the reward (should you earn one in any given month) is an extra "thank you" from Public Mobile for your efforts.  By no means is it meant to be any sort of equitable payment for time spent!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yeah those were my thoughts but I suppose you could hop on here in your downtime and try to help out the community, less about the money and more about the contribution, I guess?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

My biggest question would be is it worth the 2 hours a day for months on end? If you spend 2 hours a day for 30 days and ultimately only get $20.00 credit, you may be able to do something more profitable right? 

Indeed. Participate primarily to help others. Those who are doing it only for rewards would be better off just working extra time at their day jobs.

Only Oracles can get $20 community award for everyone else it is $15.  You could earn more by getting referrals of family and friends.  You could work for a few hours at minimum  wage and make more.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

I need more solutions to become a Town Hero.

@yanzhiqiang  I dont know about that...maybe just two or three more weeks.

Hah, @wetcoaster said:

"So, it's highly unlikely that I'm able to join the mayors in the next decade or so... ;-)"

Now here we are 2 1/2 years later and Wetcoaster is a .... Mayor.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Unfortunately I am still trying to figure out who's post @Livvybabyxo loves! There are 9 pages of posts to choose from!

AE_Collector

Well, chalk it up to this being a new user not realizing the importance of clicking the Quote button when replying in this forum because replies are interleave, so can quickly lose context if other replies get posted in between.

That said, my guess is it is in reference to the post just above the reply here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/192039/highlight/t...

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I need more solutions to become a Town Hero.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

This is from an old post about ranking, not sure if its any help or not! 

Unfortunately I am still trying to figure out who's post @Livvybabyxo loves! There are 9 pages of posts to choose from!

AE_Collector

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Livvybabyxo wrote:

I love your post. Thank you for sharing! 

This is a very old thread, and hasn't had any replies in it since 2018.

So does this make the reply any less valid? or is it harmful in any way?

@Livvybabyxo wrote:

This is a very old thread, and hasn't had any replies in it since 2018.

Livvybabyxo

The ranks don't really mean much, othwr than you aren't a new member.  The promotions are automatic amd mainly based on time since community acxount activation.  There's probably some poat count and bravo criteria, but I don't believe that those are too difdicult to meet for each level.  As for the promotion and then immediate demotion, that's normal.  It's a community site system glitch.

I know they do not mean much... just thought I would add my data to the conversation.

Thx 🙂

@kav2001c wrote:

@pm-smayer97the 4 solutions are worth quite a bit in such a short time frame (prob the most valuable metric in the stats you posted\0

3 Ideas? This was before Lab shutdown?

Yes, I came on board a short while before the Lab shut down.  😕

@pm-smayer97the 4 solutions are worth quite a bit in such a short time frame (prob the most valuable metric in the stats you posted\0

3 Ideas? This was before Lab shutdown?

Need Help? Let's chat.