cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ranking went up

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a town hero now!  I am not sure what it takes to be one.  Am a I worthy??? 

110 REPLIES 110

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Well, I just got ranked up twice in one shot (in reverse?)

Screen shot 2018-08-22 at 5.07.02 AM.pngMy stats are not impressive:

3 Ideas posted

4 solutions

11 topics started

204 posts

73 Bravos received

Been Registered since just before Christmas...

Usually hit 25%, though in the beginning was in 0.5

Such a mystery...

The ranks don't really mean much, othwr than you aren't a new member.  The promotions are automatic amd mainly based on time since community acxount activation.  There's probably some poat count and bravo criteria, but I don't believe that those are too difdicult to meet for each level.  As for the promotion and then immediate demotion, that's normal.  It's a community site system glitch.

Well, I just got ranked up twice in one shot (in reverse?)

Screen shot 2018-08-22 at 5.07.02 AM.pngMy stats are not impressive:

3 Ideas posted

4 solutions

11 topics started

204 posts

73 Bravos received

Been Registered since just before Christmas...

Usually hit 25%, though in the beginning was in 0.5%...

Such a mystery...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

There is now a new mayor in town! 😉

I officially became mayor on July 18th, and I have no idea what triggered the change. 
For information, the notification just before the change is an accepted solution.

@Someone_here welcome aboard!  We should convene a Mayor's Council meeting or something.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats! 🙂

There is now a new mayor in town! 😉

I officially became mayor on July 18th, and I have no idea what triggered the change. 
For information, the notification just before the change is an accepted solution.

srlawren

@LEGO as @will13am noted, that was done to honour our lost friend @Martin.  He truly is a legend around here, best of the best.  Still miss him to this day.  RIP, Martin.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@LEGO wrote:

I thought Oracles were the top breeds, but how one becomes Legend like @MartinWoman Frustrated

I don't know how to put this in words eloquently.  You don't want to become a legend.  Martin was an oracle at the time he passed away.  His name has been immortalized in the Public Mobile walk of fame with this particular ranking. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I thought Oracles were the top breeds, but how one becomes Legend like @MartinWoman Frustrated

LEGO

Public Mobile no longer notify in “Notification Feed” when your ranking has changed… Sad… Woman Sad It’s like your birthday… getting unnoticed… Woman Sad

EDIT: I guess, I was wrong! Woman Embarassed I have just received acknowledgement of my birthday! Woman Happy

You won’t receive email notifications when your ranking changes, so you may miss this “important” event! Pay attention to your Community notifications.

@Chaos_Scorpiowrote:

Town hero is an unknown requirement ... we are a special kind of breed.  

Not unknown any longer!

I was just promoted from Model Citizen to Town Hero because I received a total 100+ Bravos on the Leaderboard over "Time Range: Last Month (30 Days)".

For the record, I wanna be the Stoic Mighty Glacier kinda hero, the big square-chinned bald guy with intimidating pointy beard who generally stands slightly off to the side, speaks rarely but in profoundly plain riddles, and thumps stuff really hard.

@Someone_here wrote:

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like:

EDITED

• Subscribing:                                                    New in town        (certain)
  • 1st post:                                                          Great Neighbour (certain)
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :                 Good Citizen       (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :    Great Citizen      (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :       Model Citizen      (highly probable)
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero           (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor     (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor                 (?)

However from data it doesn't look like it's exactly related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

Capture d’écran 2017-05-02 à 21.16.59.png

Finally, I seem to go up two steps and one down at the same time... ? 😉

Well, it's been 6.5 months for me to rank up to town hero. And it looks like it has been triggered by my 18th solution. Mind you, I strive more for quality than quantity and am not here to compete with all you knowledgeable 0.5%ers (To begin with, I just don't have the time to hang out here all day!)... I'm only on 234 replies, have started one conversation, and have not come up with any new ideas worth posting. So, it's highly unlikely that I'm able to join the mayors in the next decade or so... 😉

Michael77

@SD08,

Still time to increase your postings. 🙂

SD08

@sbreakin wrote:

Yes we all go through busy period or more recently lots of good folks have brilliant solutions rather quickly after someone has posted a problem or issue. Sometimes i can clearify or add a bit of personal experience or confirm.
And i just went up 2 levels myself...

Indeed.  My activity on this forum has dropped off significantly in the last couple of weeks as I've been busy with other stuff lately.  Fluctuations in activity can happen to anyone now and then.

Congrats on ranking up.  Smiley Happy

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jonavin wrote:

First time in two years. I feel like I'm not posting enough positive posts like I did before.

Yes we all go through busy period or more recently lots of good folks have brilliant solutions rather quickly after someone has posted a problem or issue. Sometimes i can clearify or add a bit of personal experience or confirm.
And i just went up 2 levels myself...

Great CItizen then immediately after (or before) Model Citizen... shortly I had replied to a few posts (none of which has been bravo or solution in ast few hours). 

Not sure if it helps but here's a snap shot.

ALso Join - Nov 2016, Posts 75 (hmm it seems like way more), Bravos rec'd 68.

PM citizen level.JPG

PS thanks to @will13am for starting the thread & @Someone_here for helping figure out roughly the levels.  Sure there's no prizes but a little pride in our title. 

pakmode

Lol - it happens @Jonavin

Jonavin

First time in two years. I feel like I'm not posting enough positive posts like I did before.

Michael77

@Jonavin,

@Jonavin wrote:

I've posted so little that I'm now knocked off completely. No community rewards anymore.

There's always next time. 🙂

@SD08 wrote:

@zhadj030

Congrats on becoming mayor.  Smiley Happy

Thanks SD08

SD08

@zhadj030

Congrats on becoming mayor.  Smiley Happy

Michael77

@Jonavin

There's always next time. 🙂

Jonavin

I've posted so little that I'm now knocked off completely. No community rewards anymore.

@Michael77 it comes in waves

New people come in and old ones move on

Michael77

@zhadj030,

As an example, CaNuCk07 has not used the community forum since June, 2017.

@Michael77 wrote:

Hi @zhadj030,

Did you go up a level?  Congrats!

It's interesting to read through the old posts to see some names that are not currently part of the community forum. They may have left PM.  😞

@Michael77

I just made a very quick look but I do not seem to see any major memebr who left or isnt contributing lately , also it could be that I am now blind 

Michael77

Hi @zhadj030,

Did you go up a level?  Congrats!

It's interesting to read through the old posts to see some names that are not currently part of the community forum. They may have left PM.  😞

And I just joined the ranks of you folks

Just made it to town hero (and discovered the threshold required!) 😃

I have updated the solution post of this thread.

@Someone_here wrote:
Thanks 🙂
Will have no time to look at this more in depth until, hum, October (and I will have all forgotten about this by then), but yes, looks random...

XD

True random rank generator. 

Thanks 🙂
Will have no time to look at this more in depth until, hum, October (and I will have all forgotten about this by then), but yes, looks random...
Need Help? Let's chat.