cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was stolen and I need to swap my sim card for new phone

gabrielscott995
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

So I dropped my phone a few days ago, and it ended up being picked up by some random passerby. But I got a new phone and I was used to before, it was easy and smooth. But now I am having difficulty understanding how I am to go about fixing this, cause I don't want to have bought this new phone for nothing. Help would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry that somebody lost your phone.  You can try calling places nearby in case somebody turned it in.  You never know!

As many have mentioned, purchasing a new SIM in-person is the fastest way to get yourself back on track with service, then contacting a Moderator to help with the SIM transfer process.

What I would also recommend is going through your profile, making sure your name/etc is still in-tact + change your password/etc in case your phone was used to recover/access your account.

Helpful links all in one place:

Hope the transition goes well for you!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@gabrielscott995 , you got a new SIM yet?  If not, just make sure you don't get it from PM online, it will take 3 weeks.  Get it from a local Kiosk.  Once you got it, you can open a ticket with Mod as advised by other replies above  

@gabrielscott995 

In order to protect customers from SIM swap fraud, Public Mobile has temporarily disabled all online SIM changes through Self-serve as of March 8th. To change your SIM, click below:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1pDGd6iBBlBAz9rW5jd...

@gabrielscott995 wrote:

How do I get to speak to one of the moderators?

@gabrielscott995   You can submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit a ticket is to send a private message to Moderator_Team here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should also log into your account and put it into suspension as already suggested via Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen and Suspend service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gabrielscott995 : You don't "speak" per se. You communicate through this site using the private messaging system. Click on the cartoon quote button in the lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to submit ticket. You might have success using "change sim" as keywords. You'll need to do some verifying to prove you're the rightful account holder.

gabrielscott995
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

How do I get to speak to one of the moderators?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gabrielscott995 : You need the help of the moderators to change the SIM on your account. You can however suspend your service until then under the Lost/Stolen function.

Need Help? Let's chat.