cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone stopped working

tddoucette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone stopped working today. I got a new sim and it works, but my phone number number has now been changed to a Quebec number. How can I get my Prince Edward Island number back??? Can a mod please contact me. 

7 REPLIES 7

tddoucette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, I kept the same account and just changed the sim. Did the same thing on another account a few month ago and didn’t have this problem. 

@tddoucette 

If you choose to send a private message put " suspicious phone number change" in the subject line and include a detailed message of the issue and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #. Both your original PEI number and the new quebec phone#. 

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. If you include all of the info and request the moderators to change the number back ( if they are able to?) Or if not immediately able to the next message will either inform you of the change or what the options that are available to you atm. ( Normally phone numbers can only be changed once per 30 days.)

@tddoucette 

Was your renewal last night?

When your services stopped working was it all of them? Did you check if your original sim card matched the number in your account before you changed the sim card?

Check your email account and your bank/ credit card accounts. Any suspicious activity?

You may want to change your password in your pm self serve account to be safe.

If all else seems normal contact the moderators about the phone number being changed.

@tddoucette wrote:

Phone stopped working today. I got a new sim and it works, but my phone number number has now been changed to a Quebec number. How can I get my Prince Edward Island number back??? Can a mod please contact me. 

I wouldn't wait for a moderator to contact you. That likely will never happen unless you first contact them.  Is this phone number change something that you requested or something that you have no awareness of?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Did you investigate all other possible reasons it might have stopped working before getting a new SIM? Highly unlikely the SIM was at fault. If you logged into your account and used the “Change SIM” function all should be good. Sounds more like you have started a whole new account up. The good news is your original number is likely still tied to the old sim and the account so phone number won’t be lost.... unless it has been inactive for more than 90 days.

AE_Collector

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tddoucette 

"Click here to send them a private message.

it takes you to a new page which lets you fill a form and message the mods.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tddoucette ,

Your phone number changed when you got a new SIM? Did you just activate with PM?

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ (if after clicking this you get an option to: Ignore OR Go to PublicMobile.ca – HIT THE “Ignore” option)

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.