cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone service cannot work

xiaoliu2008
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am a new user of public mobile. This is my second month. I made payment timely, But now , my phone neither dial number out nor receive any calls. Who can help me ?

12 REPLIES 12

@xiaoliu2008 wrote:

Yes. It is still not available. Thanks for your help.

@xiaoliu2008   Have you contacted moderators as suggested by @esjliv ?  They'll be able to see what has happened to your account and get your service back.

xiaoliu2008

Yes. It is still not available. Thanks for your help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@xiaoliu2008 wrote:

Hi, I am a new user of public mobile. This is my second month. I made payment timely, But now , my phone neither dial number out nor receive any calls. Who can help me ?

@xiaoliu2008 ,

If it WAS working in the beginning, and incoming and outgoing calls are now not working, could it be you ported a phone number - but the port did not complete? 

Strange. I would inquire with the moderators about this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@xiaoliu2008 

I suspect you may have run out of minutes, if you are on a minute limited plan.

Check the data and add-on section on your self serve (see picture below) for any minutes displaying under the section.  If not, you have run out.

You can purchase a $5 for 500 canada-wide minutes add on to your account to get you through.

HALIMACS_0-1617313290382.png

@xiaoliu2008 

Ignore my last post. Are you on the $15 plan? Log into your account. Do you see your outgoing minutes counter at the bottom left corner of your overview page?

( 100 outgoing minutes......... 1/100)?  If you do not see this you have run out of outgoing minutes. Add $5 to your balance and purchase the $5/500min calling add on. It will supplement your plan rolling over every 30 days until completely used. This is a one time purchase.

@xiaoliu2008 

Do any of your services work? Calling? (no) Texting? Mobile data? (not wifi) If no then you must reactivate your account by logging in to your self serve account.

Does your account say suspended? Do use see the "reactivate" button? If you have enough funds in your balance to cover your entire plan amount click on fhe reactivate button. Does the systsm take your payment and show active status? If yes log out and reboot your phone. 

If no....make sure the funds in your balance are at least the same as your plan amount if not add enough funds to cover your plan amount +$1. ( If you have the $40 plan have $40+$1=$41 in your balance.) Then go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Has the system taken your plan amount payment? Are you left with $0 or $1? Does your account say active? If yes log out and reboot your phone.

If no....either come back for more advice or contact the moderators to get your services working again. Welcome to public mobile!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xiaoliu2008 :Because everything on your self serve portal seems ok, this could be a problem with your phone...

1. What model phone you have?

2. How long you been using this phone on Public Mobile?

3. Can you try put your SIM card into another phone see if it works?

xiaoliu2008

What i did before is i change the telephone number when i receive and active my SIM card. After that i dialed phone out, it seems everything is okay. But two weeks ago, i found it did not work for the talk function

xiaoliu2008

I tried to power off and reinsert my SIM card. Also i tried to reset the network set and plane mode. It still can not work. the text message and internet are all worked. except the phone call

xiaoliu2008

My account information indicate it is active and the pay is automated deducted from my credit card. Also i received the text message  that the payment is normal

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@xiaoliu2008 

If services active, try:

• Reboot phone,
  • Remove then insert SIM card,
  • Toggle airplane mode on and off 
  • Reset network settings

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xiaoliu2008 

Can you logon to Self-Serve to see if your account is active or Suspended? 

did you pay before the first month's expiry date or after?  If you pay after the expiry date, the account might be showing suspended and you need to reactivate it

Need Help? Let's chat.