cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number got updated without my knowledge

Kritz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi group, 

I had my public mobile working for last 3 months and today i realised that somehow a new number is registered to my account without my knowledge. Can anyone help how this can be resolved. 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

@Kritz 

Do you know your new number? How?

What happens when you call your old (previous) number?

AE_Collector 

<edit> Just noticed this is 10 days old. @Kritz Is probably on to a third number by now.

@Kritz

@geopublic is right. Probably just you or someone else you know requesting a phone number change through your Self-Serve.

But if that's not the case then you might be a victim of fraud. Anyone who knows your unique SIM card number (and maybe name, phone number, email address, etc). PM is all strictly prepaid so not much damage can be done - unless you have credit card information attached to account.

This doesn't happen a lot but seems to be happening surprisingly often these days.

Message the PM Mods (as advised above). Change your PM passwords and PIN. Check through yoir usage history to see if any unrecognized calls, texts, or data access has occurred.

You can purchase a new (sealed, uncompromised) PM SIM card directly from PM if you like. $10 but maybe (maybe) PM if fraud is suspected/confirmed will decide to send you a replacement at no charge.

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kritz wrote:

Hi group, 

I had my public mobile working for last 3 months and today i realised that somehow a new number is registered to my account without my knowledge. Can anyone help how this can be resolved. 

Thanks in advance.

@Kritz  The only way your number would change is if you changed by selecting the "Change Phone" option from your online selfserve account.

Are you the only one that has access to your selfserve account?

Best to submit a ticket to PM for investigation. Include all the details. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kritz if you didn't use the change number option from within your self service account. Then contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Kritz wrote:

Hi group, 

Thanks in advance.

Need Help? Let's chat.