cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number changed

bobbin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up for Public a month ago and had my number ported over from Fizz (Videotron). Customer rep called me on my phone to test the sim and it was all good. The other day my wife sent me several texts which I did not receive. Trying to find out what the problem was I checked my phone number and found that it was completely different including the area code (still Ottawa). I phoned my old number and got a recording that it was not in service. I've had that number for years and want it back, what do I do ?

5 REPLIES 5

@bobbin, it sounds like your port (transfer) started, but ultimately failed.  You'll have to contact the moderators as mentioned and provided above.

You may have lost this number for good, but you won't know until you deal with the mdoerator_team.

bobbin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

More information: I signed up at a WOW booth. The rep put a Public sim card in my phone and tested it by calling my phone number that was ported over from Fizz and it rang. What more should I have done ?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@bobbin It wouldn't have been Public Mobile that called you, especially to randomly "test the SIM". How much private information did you give them?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bobbin wrote:

Signed up for Public a month ago and had my number ported over from Fizz (Videotron). Customer rep called me on my phone to test the sim and it was all good. The other day my wife sent me several texts which I did not receive. Trying to find out what the problem was I checked my phone number and found that it was completely different including the area code (still Ottawa). I phoned my old number and got a recording that it was not in service. I've had that number for years and want it back, what do I do ?

Send a message to the modertaors at the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bobbin wrote:

Sounds like you might have taken a new number and not ported your old one.  You'll need to send a private message to Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right of your post.  I don't know if you can have your old number back though.

Need Help? Let's chat.