Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is saying it long distance when calling local

sammsparks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i dial 1. With the number but it still says long distance

8 REPLIES 8

@sammsparks wrote:

Not sure how to override it and call anyway.. it says we cannot complete your call due to long distance not being.a part of my plan 

Hi @sammsparks ,

Did you have service previous to this? If so, try:

*removing and reinserting you SIM. Reboot.

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes and back to regular mode. Reboot if still nothing.

*reset network settings

Have you just ported a phone number to Public Mobile? If so, maybe your account is not fully provisioned yet/properly.

You can contact the Moderator Team to look into this for you to correct: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sammsparks

Not sure how to override it and call anyway.. it says we cannot complete your call due to long distance not being.a part of my plan 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sammsparks are you on the limited minutes plan? if you are then check in your self serve to see if you have any minutes left 

sammsparks

It's doesn't even start to complete 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sammsparks 

Usually, I would ignore the warning.  You will not be overcharged.  Most of the new plans include Canada wide calling.  If you don't have the feature, with Public mobile, it just does not work.  No surprise charges.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sammsparks wrote:

hi @sammsparks ,

If you have an unlimited Canada calling plan and you are calling within Canada, you will not get charged anything and your call should go through.

What does your Plan say on your SELF SERVE account?

@sammsparks wrote:

Does the call complete?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sammsparks what plan are you on? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.