cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not handle incoming calls properly

leijiang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When people call me, my phone works normally about 50% of the time, but for the other 50% of time, it does not ring at all but goes to the voicemail directly. When this happens, I don't notice the call until I see the notification for the new voicemail. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any advice will be very much appreciated. 

18 REPLIES 18

@hairbag1 wrote:

@leijiang wrote:

When people call me, my phone works normally about 50% of the time, but for the other 50% of time, it does not ring at all but goes to the voicemail directly. When this happens, I don't notice the call until I see the notification for the new voicemail. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any advice will be very much appreciated. 

What make/model of phone you using ? Can you try your sim in a different phone  for a few days ?

@leijiang 

Ensure to clean the contacts of your SIM card gently, and you can even lightly blow inside the SIM slot of your device, incase any debris got inside.

Halifax should be good signals, I can't image it is a network/tower issue.

Ensure your Mobile Connection is selected to autoconnect:

esjliv_0-1622501638903.png

Trying @hairbag1 's advice will let you know if this is a phone or account/SIM issue. So this is good to try.

@leijiang wrote:

I am in Halifax. The signal is reasonably strong. I did set to 3G network, but nothing changed

"Nothing changed" -- as in you are still on LTE and can't change to 3G network, or did you successfully switch to 3G only mode (aka HSPA / WCDMA), but incoming calls still often go straight through to voicemail?  Usually forcing 3G works as a workaround when this issue crops up from time to time...

@pkaraa wrote:

resetting your APN setting might fix this if this wasnt an outage in your area issue.

check here https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile 

Unless I missed something, this is a voice only issue.

APNs are for data connections, so, since PM is not providing VoLTE, APNs don't have anything to do with voice calls through the phone's dialer.

Edit: @hTideGnow  got there first.

@pkaraa   APN setting will only help data connection but not voice

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

resetting your APN setting might fix this if this wasnt an outage in your area issue.

check here https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile 

Edit: try switching to 3G manually. Re-seating the SIM is another option to test.

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You cell could be receiving weak signal and perhaps going to voice mail.  How many signal bars do you usually see on the top corner? 2-3 bars?  Try disabling LTE so that it will use 3G only which normally has a much stronger signal and might be helpful in your case.  Personally I have mine set to 3G only since stronger signal and I save battery life at the same time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leijiang wrote:

I did all the tests in my home in Halifax

@leijiang 

check it here that link  TELUS Service Status outage

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers Map in your area...

you reporting to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

do you have any friends using Koodo or Telus and tried their phone at your home?  I wonder if they have the same signal issue

And if you move around town, you get better  experience?

check the cellular tower around your home , maybe it gives you hint where to move to   🙂

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.961875&lng=-138.076172&zoom=4&type=Road...

leijiang

I did all the tests in my home in Halifax

leijiang

I am in Halifax. The signal is reasonably strong. I did set to 3G network, but nothing changed

leijiang

I tried it at different times during the day from my home in Halifax

leijiang

Pixel 3. I tried to put my SIM card in other phones and got the same problem. However the frequency of appearance seems to be lower.

RobMM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've experiencing the same issue.  iPhone 11, been on the network for 3 years.  I didn't get a call, so tried to call from another phone and same thing - went right to voice mail.  I made an outgoing call, then tried to call my phone right after and it worked fine.   This happens periodically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leijiang 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

and if still not fix it you Have To Submit a Ticket To Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You might be out of range of cell tower so calls go directly to vmail.

Can you remember where were you when call ended up in vmail? Maybe you can do a test asking others to call you again when you are there to determine if reception is an issue?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@leijiang  How long you have activated your line?  Did you just port your line into PM?

Where you are at (city/province)?    Try setting this to 3G only to see if it works better.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@leijiang  any idea where it happens? Ie outside, in condo, in basement suite or random? Specific times day?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@leijiang wrote:

What make/model of phone you using ? Can you try your sim in a different phone  for a few days ?

Need Help? Let's chat.