cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number has not ported

joelmine
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have taken a new account with Public Mobile and a plan with a temporary number. I came home and went to self serve to port my number over. I entered my details and after about 15 mins i lost my connection with Vergin which was where my number was and it does not seem to be ported over to Public Mobile. When i try to call the number it says this number is not setup for incoming calls. I also have noticed that the 4G data icon on top keeps coming on and then going off multiple times. I cannot make any outgoing calls either. Its been more than an hour now and its like this. I have ported 2 other numbers for my wife and friend this morning and they all got ported fine almost instantly. Please let me know what is going on with my number and why its not porting over. I need this number urgently and it needs to work before tomorrow. Please let me know what I should do or let me know if i can contact Public Mobile in any way.  @CS_Agent

86 REPLIES 86

joelmine

@Shazia_K wrote:

Good afternoon @joelmine

Welcome to our awesome community! 

I am sincerely sorry to see that you're having issues with your phone number port, please don't worry! I will personally take care of this for you. 

I took a look at the conversation that you had with my colleague Mike and I can see that there was some issue that occurred when your phone number port completed on our end. Please rest assured that I will make sure that everything is functional on our end, however, I need to send a ticket to our technical support team in order to have their help to get this quickly fixed. 

Please allow at least 2-3 hours for the issue to be resolved, I will keep you updated here. 

I hope that I was able to reassure you and hopefully it won't be too long before you can fully use your service. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Hi Shazia, I have called Virgin and asked them to resume my service back with them. They said they will port my number back. They are going to dharge me a $ 35  fee for this ... I will be filing a complaint with https://www.ccts-cprst.ca and will make Public mobile pay back my initial amoutn for my plan as well as this 35. In fact they will have to pay me more for all the incomvenience. Thanks for your help anyway. 

@joelmine wrote:

The government should not allow such companies to come in and cheat people.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems.  PM does not cheat people out of their money.  Issues are dealt with on a first come first serve basis.  They do not get triaged as to what seems like a more important issue.  Even if there was a call centre there is no guarantee that you would have received service any quicker you might have just been listening to elevator music while waiting.

I have kept a partial bit of your post about how the government shouldn't allow this type of company.  OUR Government hasn't been able to pay it's own people correctly for over two years that is what they need to take care of first.  If it was a private company they would be shut down.  Sorry for that rant, but when people mention that the gov't should do this or do that it gets me going as one affected by not being paid correctly for two years.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @joelmine

Welcome to our awesome community! 

I am sincerely sorry to see that you're having issues with your phone number port, please don't worry! I will personally take care of this for you. 

I took a look at the conversation that you had with my colleague Mike and I can see that there was some issue that occurred when your phone number port completed on our end. Please rest assured that I will make sure that everything is functional on our end, however, I need to send a ticket to our technical support team in order to have their help to get this quickly fixed. 

Please allow at least 2-3 hours for the issue to be resolved, I will keep you updated here. 

I hope that I was able to reassure you and hopefully it won't be too long before you can fully use your service. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

joelmine

Can someone help me please. Atleast give me back my number and let me go .. i promise to never come to Public Mobile again ..  @Brooke_C  @Alan_K   @Dave_M @CS_Agent

joelmine

Tired of this .. Its going to be 24 hours now and I get a standard response from the moderator. They say the have updated something and now it should be fine and to wait for 2.5 hours. 3 hours later .. still no service. What should i do ?? I feel like pulling my hair out ... this is not good. These Public mobile guys are cheating people with their offers and then dont care about them at all. And in the process we are loosing money because of their crap.  @CS_Agent

joelmine

Moderators .. please help .. i need your help desperately. I have a business to run and its causing major impact. Also my aunt is sick and she cannot get in touch with me any other way ... @CS_Agent

joelmine

Still no reply from any moderator ... What the hell is taking so long ..?? For a company that does not have call centers or customer support .. they need to give us plans that are not more than 10% of their competitors .. Public Mobile charges are almost the same as their competitors plans.. and they dont have call centers .. this is a Joke.  

joelmine

Whats weird is that the moderators have been replying to messages that are not even important in the community forum. People have sent messages after me and got replies for stuff that is not even important and can wait. And I have not got any reply to my private message or the message here. This is really strange and not professional at all. @CS_Agent

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It's strange that both the old sim and new sim both don't work.  Unfortunately it's just a waiting game now.  As mentioned mods work on first in first out basis. 

There is really nothing else  that can be done in the community as it is account related.

joelmine

@mimmo wrote:

@joelmine try popping inyour old sim card.  You probably contacted the mods after hours.  Your request is processed in order receivved.  Did you send mods your correct porting info?  See below.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

HI Mimmo, My old SIM card stopped working at around 5 last evening 15 mins after I gave the port request. And the new PM SIM card too does not work since then. The PM SIM card was working with a temporary number and then it stopped working around 15 mins after I gave the port request. I have sent a message in private to the mod team but have not got any reply till now. Its just frustrating.  I sent my request in at around 5:30 .. they work till 7:30 on SUnday but they did not respond. And even this morning nothing from them. 

Rockdaddy22

Please keep us updated on this situation. 

mimmo

@joelmine try popping inyour old sim card.  You probably contacted the mods after hours.  Your request is processed in order receivved.  Did you send mods your correct porting info?  See below.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @joelmine, sorry to hear about your difficulties with your service.   The only way to get support for Public Mobile is through this community and private messages with the moderator.  Keep in mind that the moderators only started at 9AM (Est).  There are no retail / store locations.

joelmine

Hey guys .. .I have sent a message yesterday at 5 to the moderator team and sent one more this morning. .. and no reply till now. Why is it taking so long ??  I am loosing important calls. This is really bad .. I have ported my number so many times before and never had an issue. This is the first time I have had an issue and PM does not bother to even get back. We need to get this company out. I feel cheated by Telus and Public mobile.  Is there any place I could go to ?? Any store ?? When i search on google maps all the public mobile stores show as permanenetly closed. How do i get in touch with public mobile right now ?? If any of you have a number please please please give it to me. THIS IS VERY URGENT.  @CS_Agent @will13am  @Luddite  @mimmo  @meocon

joelmine

No one seems to be replying to my messages. My number is still not ported. THis is crap .. The government should not allow such companies to come in and cheat people. I have lost many calls this morning as I work in a support group and its damaging my business. @CS_Agent

@joelmine It's a tough situation, but usually the phone number is not lost during this type of delay. 

It's not much solice but if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

joelmine

I sent a private message to the moderators about 2 hours ago. I still have not got any reply. Why are they taking so long ? Itsn ot over 3 hours since my phone is down. And I am desperate as I am missing important calls. And the moderators dont really care. Sunday they work till 7:30 but i sent the message at 5 and no reply till now at 8PM.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joelmine you should send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to fix that problem asap.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

joelmine

@ricksanchez wrote:

Probably porting failed, that's what just happened to me and I can't received calls or texts

So what do we do ? This is frustrating. No one can call or text me right now. And tomorrow is the start of the week. I need my number before i start work tomorrow or ill have major issues. 

ricksanchez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Probably porting failed, that's what just happened to me and I can't received calls or texts

joelmine

@MacMe wrote:

Can you send or receive text messages?

No I cant. 

MacMe

Can you send or receive text messages?

joelmine

@MacMe wrote:

I had a similar issue when I ported my number.

I rebooted my phone and manually chose Public Mobile as my Network Operator in my phone's settings.

Tried that. It still does the same thing. I am really worried now since I cannot afford to lose this number and Public Mobile has no call center. 

joelmine

HI, I have restarted it multiple times and also removed the SIM card and put it back again. I sent a private message to the moderator. THanks. 

MacMe

I had a similar issue when I ported my number.

I rebooted my phone and manually chose Public Mobile as my Network Operator in my phone's settings.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@joelmine, have you rebooted the phone that contains the Public Mobile SIM card?  If you have not please do so.  If that does not resolve the porting issue, there is a chance that the port could be stuck in which case you will need to reach out to the moderator team to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.