Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: My number has not ported

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @joelmine

I am very sorry to hear about the no service issue, rest assured that this is not the experience we want you to have! 

Firstly, I am sorry for the delay in responding to you, however, we are currently experiencing a higher volume of messages than our usual due to an amazing promotion going on at the moment. We respond to customers starting from the oldest message to the newest since it wouldn't be fair to get back to someone that reached out to us this morning and not reply back to someone that is waiting since last night to get a response. I do understand your frustration and I know the feeling of not having a working phone, again sorry about this but I will make sure to forward your the feedback to the appropriate team in regards to the '' prioritizing of customers with no service''  

With that being said, I was able to look into your no service issue and in fact, there is an issue with your SIM card that was populated from the port request of last month. I wasn't able to resolve the issue on my end but rest assured that I have forwarded all the information to our technical support team and they should be able to resolve this pretty quickly. Can you please periodically try and restart your phone in 2 hours from now, if the issue is still occurring then please reply back to this post. 

I hope that you are comfortable with the provided information, please do not hesitate for anything else. 

Have a great day!

Shazia

Hi @Shazia_K , I am not sure if you did you magic again but this issue has been resolved. I have been restarting my phone evrery 10 mins and finally it worked. The service came back on. I want to know exactly what happened and what did they do to resolve this ? My trust in PM is gone down after this and unless i have a reasonable explaination as to what happened and why my service went down i am thinking of moving to another provider. I have 4 people in my family as well as 2 other friends who are all on PM and I asked them to move as it was pre paid and better. But I will be going to tell them this and ask them to port their number to another provider before it is too late.  Thanks Shazia but i would really appreceate it if i could get an explanation to clear any doubts and increase my trust in PM. @Moderator_Team

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I’m just so happy your service is back. Did you ever hear back from your private message. These outages can happen with any company, it’s just unfortunate that it’s happened o you twice now. Have any of your friends or family have issues. I honestly have no problem promoting PM to friends family. 

Highlighted

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I’m just so happy your service is back. Did you ever hear back from your private message. These outages can happen with any company, it’s just unfortunate that it’s happened o you twice now. Have any of your friends or family have issues. I honestly have no problem promoting PM to friends family. 

No, None of my friends had any issues. But i never had an issue like this with any other provider. As I said i have had other issues. But account getting suspended and callers getting a message saying number is out of service has never happened to me ever. ANyway its back now i hope it never happens again. 

Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Hello @joelmine

Thank you for confirming that the issue has been resolved. 

I do understand your concern in regards to your no service issue today and please let me provide you with some further details that I was able to gather from our technical support team.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that this type of issue is very rare and only happens in some rare activation/port cases. From what I understood is that your SIM card was registered under a temporary phone number before porting in your current number. However, that number was available to you by ''mistake'' and when assigned to your SIM card it wasn't generated properly which we often call a provisioning issue

The number was never properly assigned to your account and this is why when every month the system tries to clear up new profiles in the backend, your profile was deleted which generated the SIM card to deactivate. This has been fixed and your profile was properly assigned to your account, you shouldn't experience this again. 

I hope that I was able to clear up any concerns, please do not hesitate if anything. 

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Highlighted

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @joelmine

Thank you for confirming that the issue has been resolved. 

I do understand your concern in regards to your no service issue today and please let me provide you with some further details that I was able to gather from our technical support team.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that this type of issue is very rare and only happens in some rare activation/port cases. From what I understood is that your SIM card was registered under a temporary phone number before porting in your current number. However, that number was available to you by ''mistake'' and when assigned to your SIM card it wasn't generated properly which we often call a provisioning issue

The number was never properly assigned to your account and this is why when every month the system tries to clear up new profiles in the backend, your profile was deleted which generated the SIM card to deactivate. This has been fixed and your profile was properly assigned to your account, you shouldn't experience this again. 

I hope that I was able to clear up any concerns, please do not hesitate if anything. 

Cheers, 

Shazia

Shazia, you are an Angel. Thank you very much for helping me the 2nd time. Much appreceated. Now my trust in PM has increased. I would like to appreate your work by sending a message to your boss. Could you please share this message with him/her. 

Shazia has been outstanding in customer service. This is the 2nd time she has come to my rescue especially when all others failed to help. I would like to appreceate her efforts and I am sure she has increased the communities trust in PM by her service. 

Thanks SHazia. 

Highlighted

@Shazia_K wow, detailed and thorough explanation!  I have heard of provisioning errors but have never seen it spelled out in such detail.  Thank you for that!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

This is why I love PM 🙂 Glad everything worked out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.