cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number has not ported

joelmine
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have taken a new account with Public Mobile and a plan with a temporary number. I came home and went to self serve to port my number over. I entered my details and after about 15 mins i lost my connection with Vergin which was where my number was and it does not seem to be ported over to Public Mobile. When i try to call the number it says this number is not setup for incoming calls. I also have noticed that the 4G data icon on top keeps coming on and then going off multiple times. I cannot make any outgoing calls either. Its been more than an hour now and its like this. I have ported 2 other numbers for my wife and friend this morning and they all got ported fine almost instantly. Please let me know what is going on with my number and why its not porting over. I need this number urgently and it needs to work before tomorrow. Please let me know what I should do or let me know if i can contact Public Mobile in any way.  @CS_Agent

86 REPLIES 86

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Generally not waiting over 3 hours on the phone

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Maybe no service issues should take priority. Seems like common sense to me. 

Even with a call centre you don't get ranked by a priority system it is the same as here get in line treated when the next available person gets to you in the order you enter the line

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22

Maybe no service issues should take priority. Seems like common sense to me. 

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Maybe start a new thread to get more visibility on your issue. Not sure what else I can tell you. 

There is nothing else we can tell them.  All issues are dealt with through private message and are treated in the order they are received.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22

Maybe start a new thread to get more visibility on your issue. Not sure what else I can tell you. 

joelmine

Its not just too long to wait. The problem is i work for one of the biggest banks in Toronto as head of one of their support channels. And I am missing many important phone calls. My boss was realy upset with me this morning as I could not be reached. He has asked me never to use services like this. I tried explaining that its a telus sister company and he would not buy it. He said things like this have never happened to him. This is the 2nd time it is happening to me. It happened when i ported my number over. I did not have serivces for over a day and a half. 

Rockdaddy22

@joelmine wrote:

I already did 3 hours ago and still no one has replied. THis is just crap. with this kind of serivce PM should be giving their serives for 90% cheaper. They alre almost same as the competitors who have a call center. There is very little difference in price. 

I understand your frustration and I agree 3 hours is too long to wait during business hours for a no service issue. @CS_Agent please help this customer ASAP 

joelmine

I already did 3 hours ago and still no one has replied. THis is just crap. with this kind of serivce PM should be giving their serives for 90% cheaper. They alre almost same as the competitors who have a call center. There is very little difference in price. 

Rockdaddy22

@joelmine wrote:

HI SHazia / Moderators,

The same issue has started again this morning. When i woke up i noticed that the signal bars are completely down. And when i tried to call my number from another phone it says "The number you have reached is not in service".  Except for the porting issue in the begining, it worked fine all this while. How come suddenly this morning my phone service does not work. Nothing works. NO calls, text nothing. The service is completely down. I turned off the phone and have taken out the SIM and re inserted it and still the same issue. PLEASE HELP. I need HELP ASAP. THis is ridiculous. I have never had such problems with any other provider. @Shazia_K @CS_Agent

I recomend sending a private message to @CS_Agent immediately 

joelmine

HI SHazia / Moderators,

The same issue has started again this morning. When i woke up i noticed that the signal bars are completely down. And when i tried to call my number from another phone it says "The number you have reached is not in service".  Except for the porting issue in the begining, it worked fine all this while. How come suddenly this morning my phone service does not work. Nothing works. NO calls, text nothing. The service is completely down. I turned off the phone and have taken out the SIM and re inserted it and still the same issue. PLEASE HELP. I need HELP ASAP. THis is ridiculous. I have never had such problems with any other provider. @Shazia_K @CS_Agent

greystone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I’m having issues logging into my account . Can you please reset my password? Thank you 

kidsndog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank, Shawn, much appreciated.

@kidsndog wrote:

Zoomer Wireless logged in their records that they told Public Mobile the port was unsuccessful when it did not go through on May 27th. That is how they were to know it was unsuccessful. The kids could receive some calls, and texts due to imessage it seems. They do not use their phones all of the time as I control their usage. As they could contact me, we did not realize that there was a problem until my husband mentioned that they were not receiving his texts.

Didn't realize that companies contacted the new provider saying the port didn't go through.  It would be interesting to see if Zoomer tried to contact any of your numbers?  Even though you were unablet o receive anything it would be nice to know if they did at least attempt it.  I hope you have all of your lines up and running now.

kidsndog

Zoomer Wireless logged in their records that they told Public Mobile the port was unsuccessful when it did not go through on May 27th. That is how they were to know it was unsuccessful. The kids could receive some calls, and texts due to imessage it seems. They do not use their phones all of the time as I control their usage. As they could contact me, we did not realize that there was a problem until my husband mentioned that they were not receiving his texts.

@kidsndog wrote:

Believe it or not, the numbers were active only on Zoomer. Spent hours yesterday going back and forth between Zoomer and Public Mobile. All of this could have been avoided if Public Mobile had something in place to let you know that your port was unsuccessful and what they need to make it successful. There's a fine line between no frills services and no service

The numbers must have been active on both systems, if they weren't you wouldn't have been able to make calls with the PM sim inserted as it wouldn't have had the number associated with it.  How is PM to know if didn't work completely if you are able to use their sim on their network?  I do not think this is on PM to have picked up on this.  It is very unfortunate that this has happened, as there seems to be some issue with some ports.  Your kids must have noticed that they were not receiving any calls during this time didn't they?  Whenever I have made a port I make and receive a call  and text on the number to make sure everything has been completed correctly.  I do hope all is running smoothly now with PM.

kidsndog

Believe it or not, the numbers were active only on Zoomer. Spent hours yesterday going back and forth between Zoomer and Public Mobile. All of this could have been avoided if Public Mobile had something in place to let you know that your port was unsuccessful and what they need to make it successful. There's a fine line between no frills services and no service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kidsndog, you will need to get in contact with a member of the moderator team and ask them to investigate.   If the phones are connected to public mobile,  then the number ports were successful.   A successful number port should close off an account (that only has one line) with the original provider. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

kidsndog

On May 25, I completed the procedure to port four telephone numbers over from Zoomer Wireless to Public Mobile. I called Zoomer on May 27th to let them know that the numbers were being ported out and find out what the total of my final bill would be with them.
By May 27, the phones (my kids') with the new sim cards inserted, were all displaying that they were connected to the Public Mobile network. The phones were working, the kids could call me and their friends, and everything seemed to be in order.
Three weeks later (today), I received an invoice from Zoomer Wireless for an amount higher than I had been quoted. When I called Zoomer to find out why, they told me that I still had four active accounts with them. I explained that was not possible, as the phones were now ported to Public Mobile. The service rep told me that they had told Public Mobile when the ports were initially attempted that they were unsuccessful.
I had no way of knowing this. The phones' displays showed PUBLIC MOBILE. Phone calls are made, and text are sent and received. It is not a leap of faith to assume that meant the ports were successful!
I have ported phone numbers from other companies several times over the past 17 years, and this is the first time I have had a phone be a not go through with the port and a) the company not tell me, and,  b) the phone stil be active on the old network yet be connected to the new network, display its name, use the new sim card, and be a regular active phone.
This is an extremely frustrating and expensive lesson for Public Mobile to teach me.

buzzzman

still waiting for my number to port over to pb from freedom. would a mod look into it?

ricksanchez

@Shazia_K Thanks, my issue was resolved but I was charged the $10 again from the system for some reason.

My previous account, I had already paid $11.30

joelmine

Thanks to eveyone who has helped with this issue especiall @Shazia_K .. A big big thank you too all. Everything is working fine now.  

joelmine

@Shazia_K wrote:

@joelmine

Awesome! yes, I do see that everything has been resolved on our end 🙂 

Please let me know if anything. 

Thanks,

Shazia

@Shazia_K thanks for what you did. I waited since last evening and no other moderaror was able to resolve this. I am really greatful to you for helping out. But i am still upset with Public Mobile for keeping me hanging. 

Just out of curiosity what exactly was the problem ?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@joelmine

Awesome! yes, I do see that everything has been resolved on our end 🙂 

Please let me know if anything. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

joelmine

@joelmine wrote:

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @joelmine

I am sorry but Virgin will not be able to resume the service since the phone number is currently with Public Mobile. If you want to bring back your phone number, this will have to be done by porting your phone number back. 

Can you please allow a short time? I am currently working on this and I promise that you will have a working service shortly. 

Thank you for your patience! 

@ShawnC13🙂

Shazia

I have already given in the request at virgin and they said they will have it ported within half an hour. I have waited for over 24 hour and no one has done anything. The moderators took 20 hours to reply to my initial message. So what should I do now ?? The request is already with Virgin. 

Shazia just a quick message. My public mobile number is working now. Will call virrgin and tell them not to switch over. Will send a more detailes measage soon 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ricksanchez

I am sorry to hear that you have been having an issue as well. 

I took the time to take a look at the conversation you had with my colleague Abdallah and I am very sorry on his behalf, you won't be needing to buy a new SIM card. I have coached the agent in question and he will get back to you in a private message to have this fixed as soon as possible. 

Again, sorry for the trouble. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ricksanchez

I'm having this exact issue and now I have to buy a replacement sim card, another waste of my time.

I am very disappointed as a new customer.

I can see maybe plan cost (but doubt it) $35 reactivation fee with Virgin ya can't see that one happening, and the more part about the inconvenience well you obviously never did your research before joining PM to see that there been times where service could take up to 2 weeks (during heavy Promo times) plus many other examples of 1-2 days to get things straightened out.  If you are using PM as a business line that is something I would never recommend.  I love PM but if my income depended on being able to get instant service this wouldn't even be an option for me.  You need to be able to deal with some of the little quirks that PM has.  I haven't had any issues in my 18 months here except for saving HUGE amounts of money.

Sorry I always say PM isn't for everyone and I guess you are one of those.

joelmine

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @joelmine

I am sorry but Virgin will not be able to resume the service since the phone number is currently with Public Mobile. If you want to bring back your phone number, this will have to be done by porting your phone number back. 

Can you please allow a short time? I am currently working on this and I promise that you will have a working service shortly. 

@ShawnC13🙂

Shazia

I have already given in the request at virgin and they said they will have it ported within half an hour. I have waited for over 24 hour and no one has done anything. The moderators took 20 hours to reply to my initial message. So what should I do now ?? The request is already with Virgin. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @joelmine

Can you please allow a short time? I am currently working on this and I promise that you will have a working service shortly. I request you to not port your phone number back yet because the number is not yet assigned to your account and I am afraid that this might create conflict with the number. 

@ShawnC13 🙂

Shazia

@Shazia_K, lol I was just about to tag you.  MIND reader

Need Help? Let's chat.