cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is displayed wrong on outgoing calls

Vitalforce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

People are telling me that my business name is displaying on outgoing calls rather than my name. This is strange since the phone is registered under my name. All my account info has my name on it. Nowhere is my business name listed in my account profile.

8 REPLIES 8

PLEASE DO NOT TAG ORACLES OR SUGGEST IT, FOR EVERY QUESTION.  There are many knowledgeable people in this community and are more than capable of answering the questions that arise here.  Sometimes there is information that isn't maybe the right advice but generally the users here will get anyone sent in the right direction to solve their issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@RosieR wrote:

@Vitalforce fyi

Our Oracles (aka Public Mobile Experts)

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our users....

@Vitalforce 

You may wish to tag the oracle team everytime you ask a question to be sure the answer is correct or it isn't they can correct the information. Although they are fellow customers just like the rest of us they for the most part ( but not always) have more experience and/or knowledge then us regular folk. You can also look at members profiles to see what kind of posts they have.....some mostly copy and paste the same answers readily accessible in pm's help articles or by using the search bar. Others offer insightful, researched and tested how-to-threads on various service features, troubleshooting for unique phone or service issues, helpful advice or money saving techniques etc...there is a wealth of personal experience and sharing done here as well.

Looking at a members personal stats can also give you a good idea of how much effort and experience they may have on the community along with their original start date so you can tell how long they have been here and how much they contribute or if they have experience with older grandfathered plans. Hover over or tap and hold the username to find this info..

Here is an example of a member that you trust their advice and answers.Here is an example of a member that you trust their advice and answers.

You can always tag these oracles who will be happy to take time out of their busy days at work or home to back up member info that may be suggested to be incorrect. 😉

@ShawnC13 @computergeek541 @mimmo @Lieux @Dunkman @popping @NDesai @Luddite  and don't forget @will13am  these are the current oracle team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vitalforce : Unbeknownst to me all this time, apparently only Oracles can answer questions here and only they have the right-most answers. I guess I'll just vanish in a puff of logic.

@Vitalforce fyi

Our Oracles (aka Public Mobile Experts)

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our users....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vitalforce : Your question has been answered by multiple people.

Facts are facts because they are facts. Just because someone of "authority" says something does not make it more facty.
If you want more facty, I see the mentioned post from last year and raise it - how about 6 years ago from the late great Martin the Legend.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Vitalforce wrote:

People are telling me that my business name is displaying on outgoing calls rather than my name. This is strange since the phone is registered under my name. All my account info has my name on it. Nowhere is my business name listed in my account profile.

Hi @Vitalforce here's a reply from oracle @computergeek541 on this issue

•  Any name shown on the receiver's end is because a name is saved on that person's phone or the phone has software that is checking an internet database for matches to that phone number. Neither of these things are controled by Public Mobile.

Have a nice day

RosieR

fellow customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vitalforce : Displayed names are on the recipient side. Public Mobile doesn't transmit names. If you don't hide your number then it only sends a number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Vitalforce...

could it be that the receiving person has your business name in their Contacts rather than your name ?

Need Help? Let's chat.