cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data maxed out at about 600 megs, I thought we had a gig per month. bummer

Scoop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have never had a problem with the one gig data limit. But this month I was cut off after 600 megs was reached. I still have 20 days left. I never used even that much data and wondering what gives.

11 REPLIES 11

@Cyber, Yes, I forgot to add: If ppl go into their android handset settings and click data usage, U can set your limit so that ppl can manage their data usage, and if you have 2 Gigs of Data per month, example, and you set limit to, 800MB, once you reach that set cap, Data will switch off unless you switch off the data usage management or raise the cap.

@Scoop, @chukdefatey does have some points, and @chukdefatey, @Scoop also had some good points as well. We all learn the tricks of the trade. But @Scoop, with what U said, were U a PM CSR during CDMA, or HSPA+4G era?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^What does that have to do with what I said. Once again for this very reason why it cost money to talk to your cell phone service Providers CSR. It prevents people calling into the Customer Service when they know it's going to cost money, which is what PM has done as well, actually PM went a step further where new customer can't even ever talk to CSR's.

Scoop

Chuck you must have got up on the wrong side of the bed or fgell out this morning. I was a PM CSR before they moved the call centre to Salvadore. PM customers were great to deal with. and I got to know the Salvadore people before we changed over.  You should just recognize that you have the best cell plan on the market and a good team backing it  up.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Scoop you are welcome...

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Scoop, nothing against you personally. I am going to be straight forward because of stupid things like these is the very reason why it cost money to talk to your cell phone providers customer service.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Scoop,

Glad to hear that your problem is fixed.

Scoop

I did set the limit by mistake---upped it---everythings Ok thanks

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi if you are using an android phone maybe you set up a data limit by mistake. If you go into data usage under settings you can see what I mean. It allows you a limit and a specific amount of days.

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Scoop - thanks for posting.

@makkahn28 is correct - we have set data plans, and based off the data option you've selected you should be able to use the amount that you prepurchased.

Did you have a chance to look at your Self Serve account?

Here are a couple of thoughts: (i) you might be using more data than expected if you're looking at a data usage app on you're phone - what does Self Serve say; (ii) if you still think something is off feel free to let us know here - we want to hear from you.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

That's not possible. PM only has a 1 and 4 Gig Data plan, and 200 MB and 1GIG add-on plan. Check self-serve to verify

Need Help? Let's chat.