cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data isnt working

nathandininro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I reset my stats today, my data stopped working. I had it on and it wasnt working on any app like I didnt even have data. I tried restarting my phone, taking out the sim card, confihuring my APN differently and nothing worked. This issue has happened before and it resolved itself one night when my wifi cut out and my data suddenley started working again. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@nathandininro your plan may not have reset properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@nathandininro with the newer iPhone's. Just reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. There is no need to change your APN settings. 

APPLE iPhone Xr.

From the Home Screen choose Settings.- Then tap General.- Open the Reset options and select Reset Network Settings. - Now enter your password and select Reset Network Settings one more time.

Stay safe. 

nathandininro

I have an iPhone XR. Also, i know how to change the apn settings but i dont know how to change the proxy and port and the other things you told me to change

dancingphantom

Hi!

As many of the other community members have mentioned, you will be able to get the most accurate help by sending a screenshot of your phone model. However, I think the issue is likely due to data settings. You can turn data off for certain apps on your phone, so if you accidentally did that your data may be blocked on various apps. Alternatively, you may also have low data mode/data saving or something along those lines turned on which will prevent you from using a lot of apps with your data. Hope this helps!

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nathandininro you could try a network reset. Restart if it does not do so. 

@nathandininro what's the make and model of your phone? And could you please post a screenshot of your APN settings. Thanks. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nathandininro  hi what's the make and model of the device

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nathandininro 

Check your settings....is your data enabled? Have you set it to wifi only? Is your APN still public mobiles? Check them.......

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220