cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data is gone

mso101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my data gone on my plan ? I'm supposed to have 4gb but I didnt even finish using it and it disappeared and no longer works

12 REPLIES 12

@ofs wrote:

What do you mean by dissapear?

We're talking about data usage not being shown on the self-serve account page.  This was discussed earlier in this message thread.

ofs

What do you mean by dissapear?If data was usable and off a sudden you can't access data..

1) Is mobile data accidently switched off the phone? Suggest checking "Settings" on the phone.

2) Is mobile data accidently capped at an amount for the phone to disable data usage? Again, suggest checking "Settings" on the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous I consider anything that doesn't look like a phone number to be a shortcode.  Whether this is correct or not, I don't know.

I don't do any texting verifications with anything so I don't know what they look like inbound. I replied to the heads up and it seemed to go somewhere.

I had thought that shortcodes were more for calling like *5555 or subscribing to things.

@Anonymous I consider anything that doesn't look like a phone number to be a shortcode.  Whether this is correct or not, I don't know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Warning SMS messages are sent at 75% and 95% usage.  You should be getting these messages unless you've blocked the shortcode sending them to you.

If you are using the default data management tool on your device, most likely you haven't reset the 0 point every 30 days.  Public Mobile is not monthly, and your data monitor most likely isn't 30 or 90-day cycle capable.

The data usage addon works exactly the same as the LD addons and the roaming addons.  Once usage is fully consumed, it is removed from your overview page.  This is not a glitch, it is as designed.

Are texts from 100 and 611 technically shortcodes?

This is how I've come to see the My Data & Add-ons. Only valid, current, and most importantly - countable features show there.

Warning SMS messages are sent at 75% and 95% usage.  You should be getting these messages unless you've blocked the shortcode sending them to you.

If you are using the default data management tool on your device, most likely you haven't reset the 0 point every 30 days.  Public Mobile is not monthly, and your data monitor most likely isn't 30 or 90-day cycle capable.

The data usage addon works exactly the same as the LD addons and the roaming addons.  Once usage is fully consumed, it is removed from your overview page.  This is not a glitch, it is as designed.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mso101 wrote:

Why is my data gone on my plan ? I'm supposed to have 4gb but I didnt even finish using it and it disappeared and no longer works

The data amounts disapparing from the first page of your self-serve account usually is an indication that all the data has been used up.  When did you plan cycle start and how much does your phone say that you've used?

When the data amounts disappear from self-serve it's very annoying, hopefully Public will fix this so that it doesn't disapear and instead should clearly indicate how much data is used even if it's all used up.

If you log into "My Account" and look at your data usage you can see what you used. More importantly you can see any large consumptions of data at a single point. This may give you some insight into how your data dissolved so quickly. "Recalculating..."

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mso101 wrote:

You've most likely consumed all your data; thus, it will no longer show on your plan.

I always set a warning for myself at the 75% mark of data left to give myself a bit of buffer.  Also, if it's consumed too quickly; I know something is not quite right and I need to investigate.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may need to investigate your phone as I found my iPhone sometimes not automatically connected to my wi-fi when it supposed to and end up using my data unknowinly.

mso101

My plan resets next week.. I've never actually used all of my data before socicdidnt know it disappeared if I used it all up.. I'm sure I didnt use it though.. hmmm... I guess I did use it all. Thanks

@mso101 wrote:

The data amounts disapparing from the first page of your self-serve account usually is an indication that all the data has been used up.  When did you plan cycle start and how much does your phone say that you've used?

Need Help? Let's chat.