cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan Deactivated.Suspended

NicoleStates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm registered for Auto pay. Couldn't figure out why my data wasn't working. Finally got someone to call me, my service was suspended. It was registered to a CC that is ABSOLUTELY not declined. I came, paid the bill with the same CC, checked my settings, made sure it was indeed set up for auto pay with the correct cc, it is. Why is it auto pay if I have to come online and pay it? If not, why did it suspend my service, not cool, who knows how long it's been suspended. I know when I really needed my data it wasn't there, which also frustrated me, because when I checked the settings , everything was there set up right. 

17 REPLIES 17

@Rbern 

We can certainly help you out. To be clear there is the "autopay failure" that statistically are rare when compared with subscribership but if it happens to you it doesn't seem that way and there is some co-orelation that if it happens once to you it is more likely i will happen again so contacting a moderator either when it happens or before the next renewal to check into the cause if its account related and can be "fixed" on their end. But the most common causes of a failure are:

1. Expired credit card.
  2. 2 or more accounts renewing on the same date at the same time.
  3. 3 or more accounts renewing within a couple of days of each other all with the same $ amount can cause fraud security lock on pm's end or with the credit card issuer.
  4. Network/ phone line glitch of the hardline of the autopay system when making the credit card charge. Because autopay will only attempt to charge the card once ( unlike other pre-authorized payment systems) any interruption to that process will cause it to fail.
  5. Change of address either from moving, your card issuer updating your billing address ( to the official canada post address for example or changing your billing to ALL CAPS.)
  6. A plan change with the $ amount increasing (usually) could trigger a failure.

Saying all that there was a widespread autopay system failure on April 2nd affecting many customers that is not what is normally referenced in the community as an "autopay fail." So you can be assured that the suspension of your mum's service did likely occur on Friday. A suspended account will deactivate and cancel after 90 days without payment. So a payment needs tio be made by the 89th day to prevent this from happening.

I would suggest you teach your mum 2 things about her phone. If its not working or not working correctly. To reboot ( completely power off and then on) her phone. And if there is no service to call 611. This will tell her its status ( active/suspended) and basic account details. You could also as a back up purchase a voucher that covers her plan amount that you give her but copy down or take a pic of the voucher for your records. Then if it does happen in the future she can dial 611. Then press (1) and press (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. Once successfully added her service will instantly renew.

A payment from the credit card on file can be made thru 611 as well but the 4 digit account pin # must be entered before doing so....

If you are having trouble logging in ( Friday due to overwhelming demand everyone was having an issue) the site is slow normally especially during the day. Below is my method of avoiding errors to successfully add a payment to the account and renew service on a suspended account. If you continue encounter problems then moderator contact is necessary.

Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

Spoiler

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.

Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times seem to have improved hopefully back down to an hour or so...

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rbern
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an account I set up for my mum late last year. Since then it has been suspended twice, first time, a couple months back. At that time I read the same reason for the suspended account. It is an auto pay system failure, and that it is rare. I was also advised to just pay the bill and the account would be reactivated, so I tried that. That was like pulling teeth, trying to log into my account. So again, on April 2, I was visiting mum, first time able to do this face to face, so I decided to check her phone. Again, not working. All I receive was a message that the account has been suspended, the money was never taken off my CC, though there is plenty of funds. This morning I tried to log into the Public Mobile account to check the status, but can't. I don't know how long ago this account was suspended, so am not sure if now it is closed, this is my mums first cell phone and she knows nothing about it, so if it stops working she won't know why, and will just ignore. I believe it has to be reactivates in a certain time frame, so maybe that window of opportunity has passed. Ironically I received a survey from Public mobile that same day, which I filled out, also put in a request to have someone contact me, nothing. Funny how I also have not received any email informing my of the accounts status. This company, which I know is a division of Telus, has terrible customer service, it is a terrible platform, it is NOT user friendly, unless maybe if you someone of the generation that grew up with one of these things in their hands. I have to admit, the customer service is not that much better for the "traditional phone" service companies, but at least if I wait long enough on the phone I can talk to someone. In the 10 plus years I have had my own cell phone plan, I have never had a suspension or disconnection, for ANY reason. Public Mobile is a terrible service, and not reliable. I would rather pay a little more for something that will be there when I need it, but am giving this one more chance. Can I get some reliable help with this please!!!?

@Camera4617 

I always took 007 as tongue in cheek.....

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Camera4617 

An autopay system failure.....not just a regular autopay failure which statistically is still extremely low whether or not its customer caused.....and I did add never say never......again!

@darlicious  I was just kidding.. 

@Camera4617 

An autopay system failure.....not just a regular autopay failure which statistically is still extremely low whether or not its customer caused.....and I did add never say never......again!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@NicoleStates 

There was an autopay system failure yesterday and many customers experienced the same thing as you. This is very unusual I don't expect it to happen again. But never say never!

@darlicious That's a strong statement. 🙂

@Lonetreejim 

Lol....somehow I don't see there being many complaints about that glitch if it came along!

Lonetreejim

It’s unfortunate that the auto-pay system is/was broken but the auto-suspend system is humming along ticktyboo.

@Tali yes, look like those supposed to be Autopay on April 2 are having issue.  should be good now and hope this won't happen again 

Tali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just had the exact same situation happen to me.  Glad to read that this appears to be an isolated incident/failure.  Frustrating, but at least I was able to manually pay and reactivate my account.  I didn't realize that I hadn't had cell service for the last 2 days, glad I didn't need it.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@NicoleStates 

Thought you meant someone from Public Mobile, and I nearly fell off my chair...

🤣

While it's not the usual operating procedure, it's not completely unheard of for someone at Telus/Public Mobile to call a customer.  This is especially true when dealing with issues of number porting.

@NicoleStates 

Thought you meant someone from Public Mobile, and I nearly fell off my chair...

🤣

NicoleStates

Yes, to test it, a friend.

@NicoleStates 

Did you say you got someone to call you?

@NicoleStates 

You're welcome. Unfortunately because pm is prepaid if it doesn't recieve payment for whatever reason the system will just suspend the service. Happy easter too!

NicoleStates

Weird, thanks for letting me know, appreciate your time. Happy Easter. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates 

There was an autopay system failure yesterday and many customers experienced the same thing as you. This is very unusual I don't expect it to happen again. But never say never!

Need Help? Let's chat.