cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone Number Showing Up on Peoples Phones that I Have Not Called

GEM1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lately I have been receiving phone calls and texts from people saying my number showed up on their phone showing I have called or texted them.  In all of these cases I have not called or texted these people and don't even know who they are.  Their phone numbers don't even show up in my recent phone records as calls made.  

What is going on here?  This is making me nervous that my phone number is making calls/texts that I haven't made. 

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @GEM1974 

Someone may have spoofed your number.

These scammers move onto different numbers and it should have little impact on you, except getting the odd call or text from someone 'claiming' you called them.   Just tell them it wasn't you, must be a scammer.

It has likely happened to most of us - very annoying.

@GEM1974 wrote:

Lately I have been receiving phone calls and texts from people saying my number showed up on their phone showing I have called or texted them.  In all of these cases I have not called or texted these people and don't even know who they are.  Their phone numbers don't even show up in my recent phone records as calls made.  

What is going on here?  This is making me nervous that my phone number is making calls/texts that I haven't made. 

More likely than your phone automatically makig calls is someone else pretending to call from your number. People do this so that they cannot be called back. If you're not attached to your phone number, one option would be to change it.

Need Help? Let's chat.