cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple long distance packages

hang2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have two 400 mins long distance package. Both are for international usages. Now I see that PM is offering a $5 for 500 Canadian mins. If I buy this, and call another province which package will PM take the mins from? I hope it takes it from the 500 Canadian mins package so I can save the other two for when I call US or Int. 

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hang2 wrote:

I currently have two 400 mins long distance package. Both are for international usages. Now I see that PM is offering a $5 for 500 Canadian mins. If I buy this, and call another province which package will PM take the mins from? I hope it takes it from the 500 Canadian mins package so I can save the other two for when I call US or Int. 

@hang2  Great question! I don't think anyone here knows the answer so we will need to hear it from the horses mouth but logically the system should use the cheapest cost per minute route I would hope.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hang2 

I asked @Alan_K this same question, will let you know what he responds. the system should be smart enough to know which addon to deduct from. as mentioned above it took from canada/usa before the international.  so I would assume its the same here. 

hang2

Thanks all for the quick replies!!

Cheers, 

For international calls outside of Canada or USA, you'll need the 400 minute International Add-on, I believe.

hang2

Is it written online? Is there a link or an article that states this?

So PM, will always take the mins from the latest mins package first? Regardless if it is for Canada only or for International? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hang2 

Excellent question.  Since this is a new add on, it is difficult to say what happens.  In the ideal world, if you dial Canada, it should come out of Canada long distance add on.  If US or internation, the regular add on.  Maybe let us know when you try.  

With Public mobile limited resources for website support, etc., I would not be surprised that you would need to use up one long distance add on before switching to other.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@hang2 wrote:

It'll take the minutes from the new 500 minute add-on first.

I used to have both the 400 minutes and the 200 minute and only time was used from the Canada wide 200 minutes...until it was used up. Then minutes came off the other.

Need Help? Let's chat.