cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple calls from SIN fine scammers

JFirlotte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, over the past couple days both my wife (who is also on public mobile) and I have been getting multiple calls a day from different phone numbers with an automated message saying there is a problem with our social insurance number and need to pay blah blah blah. Just wondering if anyone else on here has been having the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5

JFirlotte

Thanks for the info haha. I pressed it and went through to them. I pretended to be Borat for a couple minutes until they hung up.

@JFirlotte if you do press 1 it just brings you to one of their "agents" if you ever become brave enough, you should have fun with them and waste their time. that will definitely stop the calls from coming in from that one group of scammers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SvHCqqarbAI

🤣

JFirlotte

Unfortunately mine is just an automatic voice message thing and they want me to press 1 to connect to them which I haven't been brave enough to try haha

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The "CRA" calls me all the time.  Actually I really enjoy talking to them.  They don't want to talk to me when I start asking questions.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Got that call several times. They've even found ways to make it look like a local number on the call display.

They've eventually stopped after about a week or so.

Need Help? Let's chat.