cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Accounts - A possible solution

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have just added my 5th public mobile number and therefore have to login 5 different times to administrate them.

I handle my account, my wifes, my sons, my mothers, my business.

I will soon be adding a sixth account.

One thing all the accounts have in common is the backup/secondary phone number. I use my business line for that.

The control panel has a drop down to select account but it does not allow linking of accounts. The suggestion I have is to allow linking of accounts based upon the secondary telephone number.

This way, once verified the accounts would link and one would simply have to hit the dropdown to administer the second, third, fourth etc account.

I think it's high time public does this, the software used is the same software used by another provider and I know account linking is possible.

Problem is Public simply does not seem to want to do it.

10 REPLIES 10

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As a web tech myself, it's all database driven. It would be very easy to link accounts together. exceptionally easy. Now part of the reason why they may not do it "today" is they might be looking to overhaul the entire account section ( which would explain the "come talk to us about how you like the control panel" feedback and conversations ). But alas even if that were the case, setting up account linking would be easy enough to do.

I only have the one phone so I could care less if they added that feature but I can understand and appreciate where you are coming from if you have that many accounts. Just a thought - why not let the kids handle their own accounts? If they are old enough to use a phone.... Give them the responsibility.

@KamWest   Yeah but its rogers....lol when you are on the top plan and you need all that data then yes I see your point....there are other options but what about the other four accounts you manage are they all on the $50 plan? I have two accounts and I haven't even used a full 1gb/5gb with two days left on my main account I will soon downgrade and when I do ill pay $0 + $0 = $0. So I will put up with a lot more inconvenience for the 5 accounts I manage than you will.

KamWest

Yes, I agree you have to muck around a bit but at $50 for 8 gigs at 3g speeds you are paying top tier pricing.

It's hard to say budget and pay $50 for 3g, I mean really now... public is approaching top tier pricing and still giving 3g service.

I have a friend that got 10 gigs for $50 from rogers when they called him up.

By comparison that same $50 get me 8 gigs but at 3g with a sub par control panel that takes 2 minutes to load between each key click.

I don't think I am out of place when I say they could be giving us back a little something here or there. A proper functioning control panel is the least they could do. To force me into 5 different logins when each key click seems to take forever is quite the undertaking.

So either speed up the darn site or link the accounts, really its not that much to ask for.

Wouldn't you think?

@KamWest   That is why you are familiar with the account pc mobility and koodo are/were second tier and offered an enhanced services to public mobiles third tier. So even though they shared back end services with public mobile telus has to differentiate between the tiers. You suggestion is probably fully possible but the permission from the mothership is not going to be granted. If you want that little extra convenience to manage multiple accounts you have to step up and pay up to koodo and your wish will be granted. At public mobile if you want to stay around you have to umm...muck around...with your accounts.

KamWest
Hmm... it requires the whole control panel to be rebuilt?

Actually the control panel is not exclusive to Public and is already setup to link accounts. Look top right where your account number is... notice the drop down arrow to select another account?

Now don't hold me to this but I believe there are other carriers using this control panel, for instance I was with PC Mobile before and same control panel. I also believe Koodo has it (I think) and I would love to know if you can link accounts with kodoo.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It would be a great convenience, but it would require the entire self serve to be rebuilt.  This won't happen any time soon.

My 2c for anyone who cares is that if PM were really a competing company many things like this could be fixed or improved. But they are a bottom price offering where there has to be a downside to getting rock bottom price to ensure that those who pay more at the upper end brands of the company truly get more. Thus there are some inconveniences we have to put up with. Fortunately one of the inconveniences isn't inferior cell coverage.

AE_Collector

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

An ongoing request that began 4+ years ago; therefore evaluate PM as your carrier, assuming never.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest   I think its wishful thinking but if you really believe in it and you do some research into its implementation and if its cost effective then keep hammering away at it by posting about it on the community. Public mobile might take a look into actually making it happen.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers single accounts so when you setup an account you can only use one sim and phone# per account.

Need Help? Let's chat.