cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving

Dburg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moving out of province, do I need to get a new sim card, or just change numbers? I'm not sure how this works. 

Thanks 😊

7 REPLIES 7

Dburg

Thank you, much appreciate your help 😊

Dburg

Perfect, thank you so much 😊

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dburg  You current sim will work without any issues. You can change to a local number if you wish using the change number option online via your selfserve account. Also don't forget to change your cc address details once you have completed your move of you have Auto-Pay enabled.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dburg 

It is up to you whether you change your number or not.

If you move to Alberta and change to Alberta number, you will be saying sales tax.  You pay only GST.

Login to your self-serve account.

Click on the Change Number link in the My Profile box to change your phone number.

You are allowed to change your phone number every 30 days (may be monthly ??)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dburg wrote:

Moving out of province, do I need to get a new sim card, or just change numbers? I'm not sure how this works. 

Thanks 😊

This is a nation-wide service. It's your choice to change your number. It is always the case that anything long distance is on the caller, not you. So calling you depends on their calling plan.

If you have a current Canada-wide plan then you have nothing to worry about. If you have an older provincial plan then you can call in the province you're physically in.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dburg wrote:

Thanks 😊

@Dburg   You don't have to change either SIM or number.  The only thing your moving affects is when anyone calls you from the province you're moving to and if they don't have long distance calling on their end, then they may have to pay long distance fees.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dburg You can simply change your number in your self serve account. It can be done once every 30 days.  No need to get a new sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.