cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving within BC

obwanderer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I both have Public Mobile plans. We currently live in Abbotsford, BC with lower mainland area codes. We will be moving to Vancouver Island next month.

1. Will we be able to keep our numbers the same?

2. Will we need to shift our service area to the island to avoid paying long distance to call locally?

2 REPLIES 2

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can keep your same number.  You shouldn't incurr long distance charges with either Canada wide or Province wide calling in BC.

People calling you may have to pay for long distance calls.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@obwanderer wrote:

My wife and I both have Public Mobile plans. We currently live in Abbotsford, BC with lower mainland area codes. We will be moving to Vancouver Island next month.

1. Will we be able to keep our numbers the same?

2. Will we need to shift our service area to the island to avoid paying long distance to call locally?

You will be able keep your number as I am sure you are on a Canada Wide plan.  The only thing is that people in Victoria calling you from a landline will have to dial long distance to reach you. 

I am in Colwood welcome (soon) to the Island

EDITED to add:  Everyone from Victoria/ the Island will have to dial your number as a long-distance call but it is landlines that will get charged a long-distance fee. (Or if anyone only has local calling on their cell plans which I don't think exists now do they?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.