cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Nova Scotia from BC

karthiktheg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I will be moving to Halifax in a few months. Will anything change with my plan if I move there? I'm assuming I don't have to do anything and my phone plan will continue to work as usual, right?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

karthiktheg

Fortunately, mine is a Canada wide calling plan. Thank you for your help!

karthiktheg

Yeah that makes sense

And all comments are assuming your plan IS a canada wide calling plan. If it happens to be a provincial only plan there will be more complications with your move.

AE_Collector

@karthiktheg, one thing to add though is if you keep your BC number anyone calling from a landline or someone without Canada wide calling from Halifax will have to pay long-distance charges to call you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

karthiktheg

Oh I see! Thank you so much for the prompt response!

@karthiktheg

If you are on a canada wide calling plan then you need not make any changes other than deciding if you want a local phone number vs your bc number. Your phone number does determine your tax rate so changing to a local nova scotia number will increase your tax rate from 12% to 15%. If you are driving then you may want to consider stocking up on some vouchers while in Alberta as you only pay 5% gst on them saving yourself 7% to 10% in taxes.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can keep your same phone number but if people call you in NS, they maybe charged for long distance calling if they don't have Canada wide calling.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Everything should be the same and nothing should change unless you want to make a change. You may want to eventually get a local phone number though. It's all up to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.