cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G X1032 and 3G

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all,is 3G still ok for this older phone or should i go with 4gG and will i need a new simm card as well?

4 REPLIES 4

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's no 4g specific SIM if that's what you're asking, yours is LTE capable. Whether it will fit depends on what size you have now and what size your new phone has as @Jak mentioned.

You'll probably go from micro to nano sim, and assuming you have the punchout type sim, you could just pop out the nano from your current mirco sim. 

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Its unlocked ,Thanks for the help,reason why im asking is because the phone i have,the older Moto G XT1032 and the plan i have is only 25/mo.Im in Toronto and i just use it as a replacement for a landline,i do all my stuff on my desk top.I am planning on trading stocks with phone so looks like i may as well go for a new phone and faster speed,i will need it..LOL.How bout i upgrade to a ''4G simm card',will this fly?

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wouldn't bother, 3G HSPA should give you around 15mb down/8mb up more or less, depending on area which is plenty fast. 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Heavyrocker

Assuming this phone is unlocked, it should work fine for you on 3g. In general. there are very few (if any) areas that you will have 4g coverage without 3g. The only difference you should see is a little slower data. 

As to the need for a new sim, depends on what you have now. If you have a recent tri-sim, you just need to punch it out to the right form factor (micro sim for that phone). 

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Need Help? Let's chat.