cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother's account lost access to her email and her credit card recently expired. Please help mod

Nubster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone!

Is there anyway I can get help from a Moderator with this issue?

My mother had a Rogers email she used during sign up but they closed her down her email once she left their services. Sadly her sign-in email was that rogers email. On top of that her credit card (that is now renewed) expired a few days ago and she can't update it and hence has lost all access to her phone number.

Is there anyway someone can help us change her information? Thank you!

In Short:

Can't access email

Does not remember password

Unable to add new credit card to pay

Totally lost

24 REPLIES 24

@Nubster 

Now all you have to do is pick a solution and make sure you have written down and put in a safe place #1, #2  and #3 in my post and the security question and answer.

Yup.....

AE_Collector

Nubster

Problem resolved had to contact admin 🙂

@Nubster 

You do not need a community account specific to your mom to manage her account. I do all of my bf's account management from my profile. When you send you send a private message to the moderators with a detailed message describing the issue include the following information:

1. Full name and address on the account. 
  2. Phone number and email address (rogers one)
  3. Pin #

If you do not know the pin # then include at least 3 of the following.....

1. Date of birth
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Security question and answer.
  4. Last payment, type, amount, date paid and last 4 digits of card.
  5. Plan amount, add ons on account, recent changes or purchases, activation date.
  6. Frequently called or texted phone numbers.
  7. Last 4 digits of sim card number.
  8. Rewards on account.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. The average wait is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Good luck.

Why not talk to the pros (moderators) first?

You can just open a new one with her new email, the one that she plans to use with her new selfserve. After she contacts them she will have opportunity to demonstrate she is the owner of the phone. Feel free to assist her, but it will have to be her talking to moderators

@Nubster wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

We already set up a Gmail and will try to move her over 

@Nubster may I ask how long your mother has been with Public Mobile?  I'm asking because as I had suggested above, it might be easier and faster for you to just open a new account for her, as long as she is not too attached to her phone number.

Changing self serve account email entails ...

• You will have to prove this account is your mother's account.  You need her PIN number to verify that this is her account.

or....

You can provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address
    • Email address
    • Alternate phone number
    • Date of birth
    • Last top up date & amount

Can you do all those?   

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk it was as a suggestion.  take it or leave it kinda thing

Yes I realize that. But restart has its set backs and a lot of timely work. I always try to help to give the best well thought out solution to keep the account and phone number intact. PM has mods that will help @Nubster  Keep in the mind the mother may be elderly and change is tough as we progress  in age. 

AND DID YOU TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT “MOM” MIGHT HAVE A BALANCE?????

Nubster

@LurganIeUk 

We already set up a Gmail and will try to move her over 

@Nubster wrote:

@Dunkman 

I did and was told however that SHE needs to contact the moderator team. No idea how that can happen though

Make a community account for your mother, but you can do all the communications from that account.

Nubster

@AE_Collector 

Yes the email is forgotten and the password cannot be remembered. She can't change the password or log in

@LurganIeUk it was as a suggestion.  take it or leave it kinda thing

Nubster

@Dunkman 

I did and was told however that SHE needs to contact the moderator team. No idea how that can happen though

If your mother is elderly and needs help.....you can use an alias.......and use your email as the base. For sure gmail and outlook has the alias option. 

Step 1. Get a Gmail or Outlook.com email.

Step 2. Have a mod change My Account login to the new email.

NEVER USE A TELUS, BELL, SHAW OR OTHER HOUSE  BRAND EMAIL FOR YOUR DAY TO DAY BUSINESS STUFF. LIKE BILLING, BANKING, ONLINE ORDERING ETC. 

Have you said if the password is unknown or forgotten? As said previously, no access to the email account is needed. Just log in. Access to the email account is only needed if passwords are forgotten.

AE_Collector

@Nubster 

If you are unable to send a service ticket for moderator help, you can private message moderator team directly for your mother.  Moderator will need to confirm account information though.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nubster

@kselmak 

The only thing is how can she now access her community account? 

I would love to get her in contact with a moderator but for now I can only use my account.

There doesn't seem to be any self identification methods in place that I am aware for issues such as lost emails.

Nubster

She would very much like to keep her number though

@RosieR wrote:

@Nubster wrote:

Hello everyone!

My mother had a Rogers email she used during sign up but they closed her down her email once she left their services. Sadly her sign-in email was that rogers email. On top of that her credit card (that is now renewed) expired a few days ago and she can't update it and hence has lost all access to her phone number.

Hi @Nubster since your mother had lost her number and her email address, may I suggest that you just buy a new Public Mobile sim card and open a new account for your mom.

And lose rewards and accumulated loyalty.....not the best resolution. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Nubster wrote:

Hello everyone!

Hi @Nubster since your mother had lost her number and her email address, may I suggest that you just buy a new Public Mobile sim card and open a new account for your mom.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Nubster 

She doesn't need access to Rogers email if she remembers her password.

I gave feeling she doesn't and in that case only moderators can help.

Here's the deal though, they won't talk to you, it must be her community account that contacts them about it.

She should prove it's her phone so she will have to answer some questions including old card number, frequently called number.

The best thing would be to have the pin ready. Check her phone for the first sms from Publicmobile

Best luck

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Nubster wrote:

Hello everyone!

@Nubster 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

If you are just trying to use the email address as your log in, it is just an identifier for the account and doesn’t need to be a valid email address. But if the password is forgotten then there is no way to access the email to get it reset so maybe that is where you are at?

You need to contact moderators to sort that out. Send a private message to Moderator_Team up at the envelope top right corner. Then watch that icon for a response back from them.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.