cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobilicity and Telus info

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I just heard that Telus and Mobilicity are in potential talks for Telus to aquire Mobilicity

Rogers also in talks

If Telus successful, what will become of this? Telus Mobility, Koodo, Public Mobile, Mobilicity Wireless, that's a lot of info overload

6 REPLIES 6

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Martin it's fine while on wifi and about three houses to the right and left. I usually can get calls but yes very sketchy while talking. Texting no issue.

Here is other news to update the thread as apparently Rogers won the battle for mobilicity.

Here you go...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rogers-to-buy-mobilicity-sources-say/article250814...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi DK,

It must have been frustrating being in a dead zone, especially if you didn't know, before entering it, that service would be problematic.

DK
We tried Wind before PM and for us in our neighbourhood (southwestern Oakville)wasn't too bad but when up outside Milton the service was terrible.

DK
Well the winner has to sell/give spectrum to wind if they win.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Good morning,

The original application by Telus to acquire Mobility was refused by the feds because it was thought that Telus wanted the other carrier's spectrum, not its subscriber base. That's why the reversal of that decision is somewhat confusing. If acquiring the spectrum wasn't acceptable in the first application, why is it OK now??

hunnybunny

lol yeah this has been in the news for the last couple days (again) as telus already tried to aquire mobilicity before and i believe it was blocked by the gov.

I dont think it will change pm much or any of the other companies telus owns.

Need Help? Let's chat.