cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network not Available

rLIby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was able to make and receive calls yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I noticed that the voicemail number was periodically missing from my call log and I got the message Mobile Network not Available.

I restarted the phone, removed and replaced SIM. The voicemail number is there and it seems that I can start a call briefly (the counter for number of calls keeps increasing),  but then the Mobile Network not Available message comes up and the call does not connect.

13 REPLIES 13

Jinxie

Log into your account to view payment history to make sure there isn't a mistake there. Also you might be in a particular location that has a limited service where the cellphone towers are outside of range, or at least close to the edge of service. When you go out next try your phone down the road to watch for service. 

cholo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tryed with differents cell phones unlock . but nothing.   same no service network.. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rLIby wrote:

Didn't work but phone started working again last night. Thanks for your help.

@rLIbyGlad to hear this has been solved. Enjoy public mobile.

rLIby

Didn't work but phone started working again last night. Thanks for your help.

rLIby

After restarting for the umpteenth time last night, it started working again but will make note of this if I have any problems in future.

Thanks

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Back up your data and factory reset the phone. What type of smartphone do you have?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rLIby 

Mobile Network not available = your phone does not detect any SIM card.

1. Take your SIM card out and use an eraser to clean the contacts.

2.  Test your SIM card in another unlocked working phone.

@rLIby wrote:

Forgot to mention that I did that. Same thing, no service

@rLIby  Best to submit a ticket to PM so that they can investigate by doing the following:

stpm-new.png

Jinxie

Try this: Go to Settings - then Mobile Networks - then Data Roaming - turn it off by sliding the button to off.

If it's already off, then try this: Settings - Connections - choose 3 G or LTE

Or maybe your phone (if andoid) needs an update - Go to Settings - About - Check for Updates

Or check under Settings - Networks - make sure you are not on Airplane mode

There are other options to try if none of these works for you. Good luck!

Dunkgirl

@rLIby wrote:

@rLIbyPlease log into self serve and take a screen shot of your account overview page but remove your personal details. Based on your edited added comments it sounds like there may be an issue with your service.

Although there may be issues if you have referrals (which can be fixed later by moderators) by using this method I would suggest doing it as this may fix your service.

Log into self serve. Click Plans & Addons. Click Lost/Stolen phone. Click Suspend service. Log out of self serve. Reboot phone. Wait 10 minutes. Log back in. Go back to the same place and say found phone. Reboot phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and service and hopefully solves your issue.

rLIby

Dunkgirl

@rLIby wrote:

I was able to make and receive calls yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I noticed that the voicemail number was periodically missing from my call log and I got the message Mobile Network not Available.

I restarted the phone, removed and replaced SIM. The voicemail number is there and it seems that I can start a call briefly (the counter for number of calls keeps increasing),  but then the Mobile Network not Available message comes up and the call does not connect.

@rLIbyI suggest inserting your sim card into another phone, this will isolate issues with the service vs the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.