cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data

Andyy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got my plan today and my mobile data isn't working yet. It's turned on in settings but it doesn't show up or work when I try to use it. Will it activate soon or is there something going on? 

11 REPLIES 11

@kb_mv wrote:

I wonder what determines why a certain phone needs to have the APN entered manually. I have a Sony Xperia X Compact which I believe is a year older than the OP's XZ1. When I signed up recently for a 2nd account with PM, I put in the new sim and the data worked flawlessly. Just curious.

This is completely dependednt on the device manufactuer and them having the setttings pre-programmed into the phone's software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

I wonder what determines why a certain phone needs to have the APN entered manually. I have a Sony Xperia X Compact which I believe is a year older than the OP's XZ1. When I signed up recently for a 2nd account with PM, I put in the new sim and the data worked flawlessly. Just curious.

I agree with the wonder. I first had a BB running OS10. No problem. Then I got an S7 running A8. No problem. Then for another account and to dabble around with a Nokia running Windows 8, I did have to fiddle with the APN. Then I "trialed" an A31 running A10. No problem.

So I wonder too.

@Andyy 

Welcome to public mobile. We're always happy to help!

Andyy

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! So happy to have found such an amazing community ❤️

Andyy

Thanks so much! To you and to everyone who helped me out! I used this link and entered the APN in the access point settings and my data is working! 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Andyy wrote:

I just got my plan today and my mobile data isn't working yet. It's turned on in settings but it doesn't show up or work when I try to use it. Will it activate soon or is there something going on? 

Hi @Andyy here are two links you should read about setting up data:

Set Up Data On An Android Phone 

or if you have an iphone

Set Up Data On An IPhone

I hope this helps.  Let us know what happens.  Cheers!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community! 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andyy wrote:

@geopubli

Sony xperia zx1

Try these <- click

Andyy

@geopubli

Sony xperia zx1

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Andyy  Also what's the make and model of your device?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andyy wrote:

You'll likely need to enter APN settings.

Sometimes having cell data on and restarting might bring it in from the carrier.

Or maybe post your current APN settings and we can see if something should be different.

Need Help? Let's chat.