cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing in Action Community Members

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone! So, I've been on the community forums since mid-September and during that time some members on here have come and gone, but I noticed lately a few regulars that are MIA. When you interact with these people on here and they suddenly go silent, it makes me wonder what happened to them.

Does anyone know where @JaK went?

Earlier this year in May, one of the oracle's Martin passed away, and nobody really knew what happened to him. @Jeremy_M posted a message about a month later when one of his family members contacted PM. I think that's the story, but my point is, outside of PM, we don't really know much about eachother. That's the nature of community forums, yes, but when someone goes missing, I can't help but wonder where they went. Whether they moved on from PM, or if sadly with the case with Martin, passed away.

If there's anyone else you've noticed hasn't been online for a few weeks, please mention them. I was going to tag @neo911 as MIA, but I see they did post something on Monday.

15 REPLIES 15

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let's hope so @daredogg

Happy New Year!

I agree @pakmode my visibility here has dropped off significantly in November and December. Hopefully with 2017 around the corner, things will get better here!

@Luddite here's to 2016 coming to a close! Hopefully we'll see JaK make a comeback! Robot Very Happy

Just wanted to mention... Yesterday I visited a Koodo kiosk to do an account ownership transfer. My parents' account was still in my name, wanted it switched. Anyway, after a 90 minute wait on hold, I got disconnected (so annoying!!). Went back to the kiosk and they graciously offered to phone on my behalf. My reason for mentioning that, the guy asked who I was with, and when I mentioned PM, he immediately jumped into a "song and dance" about what he could offer me. What was interesting is he mentioned that they had a great offer for switching PM customers, but unfortunately now expired (his words). So it would appear that Koodo employees were given the low-down about switching customers. Thought it was rather comical.

He was online an hour ago. He knows he's missed; let's just let him be. 🙏

I too have been avoiding the forum; can't imagine how the moderators have coped so well.

I also, after reflection, suspect that many of the "unwanted" changes are Telus, not Public Mobile, directed. The long term plan must be to migrate PM legacy customers, who must have call support and kiosks to feel comfortable, away from Public Mobile. It will become more and more, relatively, expensive to maintain call support for a dwindling percentage of legaccy accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pakmode

It got really depressing the past month with all the problems after the promotion. 

Hope he comes back too! I made this post, thinking someone may know JaK in real life and can shed some light about their disappearance. If it's because of the promo... that's understandable! lol

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Maybe he got sick of the negativity from the promo. It definitely caused a lot of stress around here. Hopefully he'll be back soon:)

Check his profile... 4 weeks ago.

Rockdaddy22
When was his last post?

Maybe so, but it's quite odd that someone like @JaK who participated on here daily, suddenly hasn't responded for 4 weeks. That happened with Martin, that his posts suddenly stopped, so I sure hope nothing has happened to JaK.

Rockdaddy22
People come and go all the time, I wouldn't worry to much.

I'm going to bump this message since nobody has really responded. Robot Sad

@Luddite @Jeremy_M @Shazia_K

Good to hear from both of you @Chaos_Scorpio and @neo911. You're right on two accounts... 1) it's December, busy time of year... and 2) with so many new community members, there's less work to do.

The reason I was asking about @JaK is that it seems like they disappeared, when being active pretty much daily. Unfortunately, this thread went no where, with barely anyone reading it. Hopefully me posting something will garner some more activity.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Howdy @daredogg

Thanks for inquiring about the usual suspects and thinking about us.

Sorry to hear about Oracle Martin. I became a part of PM family after this happened so did not know about him. May he rest in peace.

Been little busy with some personal stuff too. But I do visit the PM community once every 2-3 days (not as frequently as earlier) but for the past couple of weeks its all been about the fall promo problems. Feel helpless since can't do much about it and moderators are swamped with work.

Hoping all the activation problems are resolved and PM community goes back to people helping each other with other queries/questions.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Cheers !

Chaos_Scorpio

I think its just holiday busy'ness... and the whole promo headache

I am on here far less than what I used to and on Dec 23, I say bu bye for 2 weeks as I only really come here at work. 

No more screaming issues, just normal stuff and with so many more mods, I cannot really say anything ... and no "say it how it is" that you like so much about my posts 😛

Need Help? Let's chat.