cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed text messages

Blamb007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

On three different occasions I didn't receive text messages from contacts.bthe latest incident occurred today. I just update messenger that comes with my phone. I use an Asus zenphone max m1. Do anyone know why this happened? Also, is it possible to recover these missed messages? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Blamb007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, I have checked the usage log in the self serve page. The text message does appear there. It then followed step 3 from that Telus page. It cleared the cache and then the missing msg appeared. In the log it has a timestamp 5:45, in the app it shows 6:12. Other than that I guess that the fix 

@ChuckYeah lol yea they are a little harder to get 

Good point, @RossN , I meant in my non-digital life.

@ChuckYeah hi what don't you hear often that you are right ?every time someone gives you a bravo they are saying you are right Smiley Happy

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Thank you @XionBunny , don't here that very often. But I am indeed an Android user and I went through 3 messaging programs before I found one that didn't make it TOO easy to block numbers.

Lol any time, and now the google messages app has block on by default so folks have to look out for that.

Thank you @XionBunny , don't hear that very often. But I am indeed an Android user and I went through 3 messaging programs before I found one that didn't make it TOO easy to block numbers.

Edit: My ears are here I use them to hear!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Check your blocked spam numbers ive added ones by mistake and it puzzled me for weeks.

Something from the telus website that might help with this.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/3-easy-steps-to-fix-your-text-message-issues

Chuck is right, especially with androids new messeges build which comes with spam blocking as a new feature as of late, you'll need to check to see if you have numbers blocked else messages won't come through.

Check your blocked spam numbers ive added ones by mistake and it puzzled me for weeks.

Something from the telus website that might help with this.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/3-easy-steps-to-fix-your-text-message-issues

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Blamb007 wrote:

Hello, 

On three different occasions I didn't receive text messages from contacts.bthe latest incident occurred today. I just update messenger that comes with my phone. I use an Asus zenphone max m1. Do anyone know why this happened? Also, is it possible to recover these missed messages? Thanks

@Blamb007Login into selfserve and check your usage history logs. If the texts show up in the logs it means they were received so that means the issue is with you phone/app settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.