cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes

Rhino2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 100 free minutes. I have only used about 10. Past 2 days I am unable to call out.

19 REPLIES 19

Rhino2007

Thanks so much. In the process

@Rhino2007 wrote:

Yes just did thanks

@Rhino2007   You'll need to ask moderators for help now as only they can access your account to see what has happened.  Just use one of the links already provided to submit a ticket or send a private message.  Good luck!

Rhino2007

Yes just did thanks

@Rhino2007 wrote:

Still no go

@Rhino2007   You'll need to contact moderators using the link already provided. 

If you've confirmed that you have available mins then try adding +1 in front of the numbers you are calling, local or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhino2007 wrote:

Still no go

Could you post screenshots of your overview page. And maybe also Plan Details. Blank out personal info of course.

Have your tried adding a 1 in front of dialing? Have you tried manually dialing and include the 1? Is this all numbers? Just some? Like in your contacts?

@Rhino2007 wrote:

Still no go

@Rhino2007 

Have you submitted a ticket for moderator help?  

If you are unable to submit ticket, you can directly private message moderator team.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rhino2007

Still no go

@Rhino2007...did you try previous suggestions to reboot the phone ?

Try turning Airplane mode ON...then OFF. See if that gets things right and let us know.

@Rhino2007 wrote:

only used 10 mins out of the 100 I have. It happened right after the new change last week. Cannot call anyone. Not even local. it just says I do not have a long distance plan. But I am calling local. No problem with incoming calls or texts. I do not know how to open a ticket

Tickets are opened by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html .

Rhino2007

only used 10 mins out of the 100 I have. It happened right after the new change last week. Cannot call anyone. Not even local. it just says I do not have a long distance plan. But I am calling local. No problem with incoming calls or texts. I do not know how to open a ticket

@TheYogaTeacher wrote:

The same thing happened to us

We have 2 cells. With covid19 my husband rarely goes out and when he does he forgets most of the time his cell.

I have been locked out of our account for 2 days. I cannot even log in. There is something wrong with their system. I cannot reset my password. It keeps locking me out. Very frustrating, I am looking for another server right now

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

TheYogaTeacher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to us

We have 2 cells. With covid19 my husband rarely goes out and when he does he forgets most of the time his cell.

I have been locked out of our account for 2 days. I cannot even log in. There is something wrong with their system. I cannot reset my password. It keeps locking me out. Very frustrating, I am looking for another server right now

@Rhino2007 wrote:

Yes. Can receive and Text. Have only used 10 out of 100 minutes. 

@Rhino2007   Just to add another point here as to why you maybe out of minutes, if you opt to retrieve any voicemail messages from your phone that will deduct from the available mins.  As well all calls get rounded up to the nearest minute, so a call lasting 2 mins 2 secs will actually deduct 3 mins from your plan. 

Voicemail messages can be retrieved from another phone/line to avoid using up outgoing mins too.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Rhino2007 wrote:

I have 100 free minutes. I have only used about 10. Past 2 days I am unable to call out.

As I mentioned on your comment on another thread, I was curious what plan you're on? If it's one of the older province-wide plans from a few years ago, at least one other person with one of those plans has reported they could not make local calls either since a week or so before these new plans were announced (about 2 weeks ago)

The workaround is to add a $5/500min Canada wide long distance add-on or switch to one of the current plans, but definitely rattle some chains by opening a ticket with the moderators!

@Rhino2007 wrote:

@Rhino2007 

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Network reset of phone.  

Rhino2007

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check your usage.  Under data and add-ons if no minutes appear then you have used them up.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rhino2007 

Are you able to receive calls? What about text and data?  

In your self service account, do you see the 100 minute talk counter in the Data and Add ons section?  If you don't see it, that means you ran out of minutes for this 30 day cycle.  

See below:

Pasted Graphic.png

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rhino2007 

Did you check your online self serve account and confirm you have 90 minutes left for the month?  If so, then you can try removing your SIM card, wait a few minutes, then put it back into the phone.  You can reboot your phone, shut it off and restart.  If that doesn't work and you definitely have minutes left, you should contact a moderator for assistance.  Try the chat button on the right corner to open a ticket to the moderators, and they should be able to assist you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.