cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes in plan and phone

inghamLiz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been unable to call out of my phone or even check my voice messages.  My minutes usually expire a few days after payment.

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can call your number and pass * during the greeting to access your voicemail from landline

If you have some data or wifi, get yourself fongo or TextNow to call yourself.

If you have unlimited incoming you can use fongo to call yourself then transfer the call to whoever you want to call. I end up using about 20-30 minutes per month. Incoming minutes are really gold when combined with fongo.

If you don't have unlimited incoming 500 minutes for $5 are really affordable and great option. You can still use fongo and TextNow while on WiFi

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If minutes have run out,  just buy the 500 minutes as @gblackma suggests.  if you are just calling and possibly texting no need to upgrade plans.    the 500 minutes stay till used up.   My dad is on the $10 plan and i just load him up with minutes every so often. its a little more work but its much cheaper than the $25 plan.  he averages 1 addon /45 days.   

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@inghamLiz if this keeps happening to you each 30 day period. Its probably better to change your plan up to the $25 plan for the unlimited calling at next renewal date. Here's an article on switching plans. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

In the meantime consider buying the 500 minute $5 addon. Here's an article on buying add ons 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

See below on where to do it 

20200417_204130.jpg

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Or the old $10 plan?

Calling voicemail counts as a regular call.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@inghamLiz wrote:

I have been unable to call out of my phone or even check my voice messages.  My minutes usually expire a few days after payment.

Are you using the $15 plan?  That plan only has 100 outgoing minutes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.