cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message text from former service provider (Koodo)

onessy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made a call to area 418(Quebec city) from Montreal this morning and a few minutes later I received a text message from my former service provider Koodo asking me to confirm a request to tranfer my tel number within 90 minutes by answering by yes or no and I must answer this message. I have no idea what is it about? I didn,t ask Koodo anything. Is there anything related to my recent call.

5 REPLIES 5

i agree with this man

looks to be the start of the flawed sim change being brought back. make sure your public mobile password isn't the same as your email. and call Koodo and say you don't want your number ported over and to call and contact you if someone is trying too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@onessy : I would watch very closely for the next short while for any changes. If someone is trying this then they might call Koodo and get it done. Or even here since they seem to be trying to come here.

Can you call your number from another phone? Text? When you call out does your number show for caller id? Text?

@onessy 

It sounds like an error with the text message meant to be sent to a phone number a digit or two off from yours .....thankfully they have introduced the sms authorization to prevent erroneous ports. It also explains why some customers say they never recieved the porting authorization text themselves.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

if you did not request porting, DO NOT reply.  It might be a accidental, might be intentional, but if you reply YES, your number might be ported out to somewhere else

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your phone number over from Koodo ?  You may want to confirm that your Koodo account has been closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.