cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Center Greyed.. Cant send texts but can recieve texts?? Heres the fix :)

Tyree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alright so, I made a stupid mistake while exploring my Samsung s7 one day by changing the smsc number... yeah idk why...

The symptoms of changing the smsc number

• Can receive texts
  • Can make calls
  • Can use mobile data

Basically a regular phone except you cant send texts 😞

Now dont factory reset your phone.. You dont need too i resorted to that and i was pretty frustrated after finding that it didnt do anything suprisingly...same thing with rebooting your phone everyday hoping it was public mobiles fault but really it was you Smiley Surprised

Step 1:

Now to fix this your going to need an app

Unfortunately samsung wont let you enter this USSD code

*#*#4636#*#*

So your going to need this app to access that phone information menu

Long URL = https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kasitskyi.hiddensettings

Short URL = https://bit.ly/2HkAXDt (Not Linked to an account i cant see analytics)

Step 2:

Open that App and scroll until you see "RadioInfo" Click that

Step 3:

Go down to SMSC: and type

and click update 🙂

Step 4: REBOOOOTTT and your golden

Step 5: Double check to see if the SMSC you just set is correct go to

Messages > 3 dots in top right corner > Settings > More settings > Text Messages > Message Centre

Dont worry about it being greyed out just make sure its set to the number you just entered

Hopefully this helped some of you ive tried looking everywhere to fix this and couldnt find a proper guide so i made one 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You don't need a special app to do this.

It's located within your text messaging settings.

If your service provider has not pushed the settings down to your phone; you should be able to get to these settings using the instructions within the follow link.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TyreeThanks for your information. Hope that help others when you have the same issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.