cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: signal strength has decresed in my home

@Lori66   i think your issue is not that PM has least priority,  it is that your area does not have 3G signal but just LTE.  PM voice is using 3G only and PM does not offer voice over LTE.  You would not have the issue if you switch to Telus .

Lori66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes,,I totally agree

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: Signal strength of PM

@Lori66 wrote:

I am finding the signal of PM in my area very low and others who have Bell / Telus can make calls and have better signal. I can text in my town but no calling or receiving calls. Was told might be PM service being it shares with other carriers ...

Who told you this information? And what would they gain by keeping you away from PM?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Lori66 might be VoLTE related. Other than that, coverage is the same as Telus.

Are you in an area that has poor 3G coverage but good LTE coverage?

@sheytoon wrote:

@Lori66 might be VoLTE related. Other than that, coverage is the same as Telus.

Are you in an area that has poor 3G coverage but good LTE coverage?

@Lori66 @sheytoon 

I'm thinking that there could be no HSPA network coverage at all in that area.

softech
Mayor / Maire

She is at Middle Arm in Newfoundland.  I checked Bell Coverage map  and showing only LTE there 

Lori66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not sure what our area has. I do know that no one else has an issue with calling except those who are with PM.

I am staying with PM regardless as most others are too costly for me right now.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lori66 wrote:

Hi there…I have the same issue where i live in Newfoundland. Only one bar shows in my town and only three elsewhere. Because we are with PM, i was told we because of us sharing towers with Bell and Telus, we get lease priority , being with a third carrier. Sounds like that could be,,,we get less band width.

Maybe have a look at this map, and check out where the towers are in relation to where you live, and which providers have those towers: Canadian Cell Towers Map 

Having quickly perused it, it seems like you're PROBABLY stuck with either Bell/Virgin/Lucky, or Telus/Koodo/PM, due to their tower sharing agreement, because it seems like the vast majority of towers in NF are owned by Bell....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lori66 

What is your basic location on the rock?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lori66 

You are probably connecting to the tower in Springdale which has 3G frequencies albeit at a fair distance. However you may benefit from a signal booster. @gpixel4  had some reasonably priced suggestions from Amazon that you could try and test and fairly easily return if they don't improve your signal. @sheytoon  is our resident expert who could help troubleshoot to fine tune the booster for optimal performance.

Need Help? Let's chat.