cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Phone Issues

alexandrajwhyte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

whenever I try to make a call on my phone, I get a message that says "I don't have a  long-distance call plan and to purchase and "add on". I already have Canada wide calling and it worked for the first month of being with Public Mobile. I can receive calls and send texts but can't make any calls. I am considering going with another  phone company if this issue continues. 

10 REPLIES 10

@geopublic on the limited plan, calling your voicemail will uses outgoing min. you can purchase an add-on for $5 500min that rolls over until fully used up. 

*purchasing an add-on is a 2 step process.

• add funds in your case $5
  • then choose and apply the addon

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@alexandrajwhyte usually, adding +1 in front of the area code helps. But if it didn't, as well as other previous solutions, you can create ticket with mods and ask them to restart your account from their end.

@alexandrajwhyte  To determine if you have minute access your selfserve online and check on the first page for a minute counter indicator. If it's not there then you have used up all your outgoing minutes.

@alexandrajwhyte Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Also try switching your sim into another phone to see if its the phone or SIM thats the problem. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alexandrajwhyte 

After trying the suggestions from previous posts and still available.

Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account features again.  The added $1 will slay in your account as available fund and can be used to pay your next renewal.

alexandrajwhyte

I haven't used any of my minutes for this month. I reviewed my account and saw that i used data this month but have no phone call minutes used for this month..

alexandrajwhyte

I have tried that already. I have the $15 plan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alexandrajwhyte wrote:

whenever I try to make a call on my phone, I get a message that says "I don't have a  long-distance call plan and to purchase and "add on". I already have Canada wide calling and it worked for the first month of being with Public Mobile. I can receive calls and send texts but can't make any calls. I am considering going with another  phone company if this issue continues. 

@alexandrajwhyte  If you are on a limited calling plan it means that you have used up your calling minutes. Best to purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5 to get back up and running.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Which plan are you on? @alexandrajwhyte try restarting tour phone, turnit off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.  And dial the number with a 1 in front of it. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexandrajwhyte  - do the calls go through (even though you get the message)?  Also, please try putting a '1' in front of the numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.