cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY VOUCHER NUMBER ISN'T BEING RECOGNIZED (2nd ATTEMPT ON COMMUNITY)

canpac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How come the voucher i purchased at Jean Coutu on the 27 August 2016 is not being accepted and what do i do?

I keep getting this message when i try to add this payment to my account:

Unfortunately, Voucher # could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

I've been trying since Sunday 28 August 2016 with no success. I sent a e mail to PUBLIC MOBILE on Monday 29 August 2016 before my phone got cut the next day and again on Wednesday 31 August 2016 and still no response even though indicates i would get an answer within 48 hours. I am a sick person and i need my phone. HELP!!!

I originally got this response from PUBLIC MOBILE thus far and did as they requested and now hours later still no answer back:

3 hours ago

Hello @canpac

I'm truly sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number as well as the voucher number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm so happy it worked, thanks for the update. I prefer using 611 it just seems easier 🙂

michaellanfield
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried the phone method *611 and it seems to work for me.

Rockdaddy22
I've never had a problem with vouchers, I pay 4 different accounts with them. I'm really surprised this is happening

michaellanfield
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same thing with me and Mary_M said she fixed it with the last payment. I am trying to pay this payment and doesn't work. Everyone is complaining. So it is a bad payment system. It is crazy why we can't pay through bank or something. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Help. Why doesn't these vouchers numbers just work damit!!!!!?????

Rockdaddy22
@canpac Is everything's working now?

Rockdaddy22
Also, I'm almost certain any glitches haven't cost anyone any money that they haven't been fully reimbursed for.

Rockdaddy22
@chrstyles terrible "correction" IMHO I buy vouchers at Shoppers Drug Mart and get %3 Cashback on my PC MasterCard, plus I get the autopay discount for having a credit card setup on my account.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @chrstyles

That is not a correction, it is an opinion. A correction implies a factual error, there is no factual error in my statement "Vouchers are generally a reliable way to pay so there is no reason you should shy away from them if they are a better suit to your needs." I even had the "if a better suit" in there, as I prefer cc but acknowledge that vouchers will work better for some. You offer an opinion that you don't think much of vouchers, which is fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't try to pass it off as fact.

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@JaK

Correction: if you are able to make your payment any other way, you should most certainly stay clear of using payment vouchers whenever possible. They're nothing but trouble and it seems like PM makes them in the most inconvenient denominations. Credit card/debit payments will always be the most reliable next to cash.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @canpac

I saw your message to Shazia and I replied (she is not in the office today)

Please send me your voucher # by private message, also including a screenshot of the voucher and I'll add it to your account 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

JaK

Hi @canpac;

Vouchers are generally a reliable way to pay so there is no reason you should shy away from them if they are a better suit to your needs. You've already engaged @Shazia_K and I'm sure she is looking into it, just was not able to complete before she went home for the day. Either she or @Mary_M will be back online tommorrow and I have every confidence one of them will be able to get to the bottom of your issue. Hang in there.

Pier

Hello Guys!!

I'm sorry to hear that you can't recharge your phone using the voucher you bought. You can prevent that problem from happening by using another payment option. instead of buying voucher, you can pay through your banking account. You can also set up auto payment and that won't give you any problem at all. C'est garantie!!!  save your time and money as well, i'm sure going to Jean coutu to pucharse voucher costs you both; money and time. Use your debit card to pay and you will see the benefit of it.

Yours,.

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too have been experiencing payment issues since I started. It stems from the unfortunate issue that they will not accept some credit cards/debit cards as payment methods, although some seem to work (but I was charged three times in a row back in July). Public Mobile staff are extremely helpful and resolve the issues, but it seems like there are long-standing technical glitches that are costing people money and causing an unhealthy level of tension between them and customers, especially those who rely on the service such as yourself. I am hoping my issue and yours can be resolved!

Need Help? Let's chat.