cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Text message doesnt Work

shoaibahmed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All

i acctivated my New sim 2 days ago and ported my number while i was activating and every thing went smooth, Now when i send text message to some one they receive it, but when they send me text i dont recevie, Doent matter which provider, i tired (Fido, Koodo, Bell) they can receive my message but if they send me i cant recevie anything.

please help.

17 REPLIES 17

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, trying someone else's SIM (preferably Telus) is inconvenient but probably the best suggestion to diagnose this.

shoaibahmed

My Guess would be.

1- Factory Rest on your phone

2- take the sim and try on other phone and see if everythign working...

3- Try different Sim and see if sim is faulty NOW

hope you would be OK

rural
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, could you help me out also? my sevice is totally dead for two days now which means can not call or text or use the internet at all. And Mary told me everything looks fine on my account. SO what I should do next since  everything still doesn't work right now. Thank you

shoaibahmed

to updates, i install SMS software to see if it works, DIDNT WORK,

Tried restarting few time, Airpport mode, Manual Slection of Public mobile, Didnt work at all

any suggestion, please

aa

@srlawren I've found that the number ports quickly over (within 48 hours) but the subsequent services like SMS can take some time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aa porting from a voip provider (such as voip.ms or fongo) can take quite a bit longer than porting from another wireless provider (Rogers, Fido, Chatr, Bell, Virgin, Telus, Koodo, Mobilicity, Zoomer, and I"m sure I missed a few haha).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aa

I've run into this issue too. Not sure if it's related to the fact that my number was on a VoIP provider or not. When I ported my wife's phone number over, it took a few days for SMS to start working again.

srlawren

@shoaibahmed I know it sounds weird, but many people have run into this on Android, and switching to another app seems to resolve it.  You could also consider a factory reset of your phone, but as it wipes all data on your phone, I'd try a different app first to see if it helps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shoaibahmed as @srlawren suggested, you don't have something weird with your messaging client? Have you tried another client?

shoaibahmed

yes the phone is Androd and everythign works fine, Whatup, Viber, Phone in and out.

text i send, other receive but when some one send me, i dont receive.

srlawren

@shoaibahmed do you receive calls on the ported number okay?  If so, it sounds like your port is completed properly.

Are you on an Android phone?  Could you indulge me and try an alternate SMS application, different than the normal one you use?  Maybe try Textra, or if you normally use it, try Chomp?  Try that, and let me know if it makes any difference?

Rockdaddy22
Sounds like it could be a failed port, we'll get a mod to take a look.

@Mary_M could one of you please take a look at this.

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You must be patient until the port is completely done. Until then, some things might work and some might not but when it is done you should recive a text saying that the porting is complete 

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, the same thing happened to me, I just had to wait a reboot my phone a few times and the issue solved itself 🙂

shoaibahmed

OK thanks let me try that and get back to you.

thanks for quick response

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try to reboot your phone, set the provider to manual/select Public Mobile, put in airplane mode, then back on.

Otherwise, its a backend issue and a moderator might be able to look into it. @Shazia_K 

Need Help? Let's chat.