cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MP's lower Cell Phone Charges

@Patrick_R wrote:

I encourage all of you to contact your new MP after the election since this was brought up by the current Liberal Leader and the previous NDP leader to lower the costs of Canadian Cellphone Services in Canada.

If we all send letters, emails and phone calls to our respective MP's to keep this matter fresh on their minds to be introduced in the House of Commons and benefit all Canadians.

Many times, the argment is used that cell phone service is more expensive in Canada than the U.S. because of a lower population density. Comparing things in Canada to Australia, I was having a conversation with a friend who lives there. In Australia, this is the type of stuff they get at a carrier called Belong:

calls, texts,1GB $10

calls, texts, 10GB $25

call, texts, 30GB $40

I'm shocked at the difference.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Patrick_R wrote:

I encourage all of you to contact your new MP after the election since this was brought up by the current Liberal Leader and the previous NDP leader to lower the costs of Canadian Cellphone Services in Canada.

If we all send letters, emails and phone calls to our respective MP's to keep this matter fresh on their minds to be introduced in the House of Commons and benefit all Canadians.

Many times, the argment is used that cell phone service is more expensive in Canada than the U.S. because of a lower population density. Comparing things in Canada to Australia, I was having a conversation with a friend who lives there. In Australia, this is the type of stuff they get at a carrier called Belong:

calls, texts,1GB $10

calls, texts, 10GB $25

call, texts, 30GB $40

I'm shocked at the difference.

We have friends from Australia. 

Things are cheaper.

Interest rates for investing are higher. 

Lots of good stuff. 

People are well taken care of

BUT do your homework as your info is correct BUT

Government is very different

Taxation is very different 

Economy is different 

So it would be hard to make a good comparison with such different economies. 

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well it does not hurt to contact your MP and the govt can try work with the companies to make things better for customer's.

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We have to do something instead of doing nothing.

Need Help? Let's chat.