cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

fchartrand
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey everyone! i noticed recently that my phone had a very hard time send MMS (especially pictures). I then went on my portal and noticed that MMS did not show up as being part of my plan even though i've had it set up since day 1 (and have not changed my plan since activation in 2017). Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how were you able to fix this?  I like my current plan and don't want to change it, I just find it weird that my MMS option randomly disappeared! Thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

fchartrand
Spoiler

hey, sorry for the super late reply! i have been able to send MMS messages, i realized that the issue was with the LTE network and not with my phone. For some reason, i was getting full signal inside the house but it would not send MMS, but when I tried sending an MMS outside the house it worked fine. Thanks for your help!

@fchartrand have you ever been able to send an mms text message?  If you haven't it may be your APN settings.  For more help. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. Stay safe. 

fchartrand

@popping  Data itself is fine, it loads without a problem on LTE! i will try mi SIM in a different phone, thanks for the suggestion!

@fchartrand wrote:

@RossN i was using the default samsung message app that comes with the phone. one of my friends suggested i use the Google message app, which is what i have been using recently. The default Samsung messages app stopped sending pictures altogether, which is why i downloaded the other one. but now this one has a hard time sending MMS as well, so i dont get it lol 

@fchartrand yea it sounds like it might be time to clean up your phone one may be interfering with the other 

@fchartrand contact customer support mods here

type "MMS not working"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fchartrand wrote:

@Triguy my plan is as follows:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

i've always had the MMS option, like i mentionned it recently started giving me a hard time. I have already restared my phone numerous times, i even downloaded a different "messages" app to see if it works. It can literally take upto 3-4 mins to send a picture (and it fails half the time), which makes absolutely no sense. and i have almost full range of service where i live

How is your data while you are using your browser?

To eliminate hardware issue, test your SIM card in a known working phone.  If it behave the SIM, it is PM server issue.  Otherwise, it may be your phone issue.

@fchartrand 

Do you have a lot of texts / MMS stored on your phone?

If yes try cleaning those up

fchartrand

@RossN i was using the default samsung message app that comes with the phone. one of my friends suggested i use the Google message app, which is what i have been using recently. The default Samsung messages app stopped sending pictures altogether, which is why i downloaded the other one. but now this one has a hard time sending MMS as well, so i dont get it lol 

fchartrand

@Triguy my plan is as follows:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

i've always had the MMS option, like i mentionned it recently started giving me a hard time. I have already restared my phone numerous times, i even downloaded a different "messages" app to see if it works. It can literally take upto 3-4 mins to send a picture (and it fails half the time), which makes absolutely no sense. and i have almost full range of service where i live

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@fchartrand wrote:

hey everyone! i noticed recently that my phone had a very hard time send MMS (especially pictures). I then went on my portal and noticed that MMS did not show up as being part of my plan even though i've had it set up since day 1 (and have not changed my plan since activation in 2017). Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how were you able to fix this?  I like my current plan and don't want to change it, I just find it weird that my MMS option randomly disappeared! Thanks in advance!

@fchartrand What application are you using to send the MMS? Can you try using another app to see if it works? If yes, then the problem is with the app that you are using.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fchartrand 

You data must be enable in order to receive MMS pictures.

- enable data

- turn off your phone for 1 minute.

- turn on your phone to let your PM SIM card to configure your APN settings automatically.

- If restart your phone does not work, reset network on your phone may get your data working again.

fchartrand

yes my data is always on, i never turn it off!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fchartrand 

Mobile data has to be enabled in order to send / receive MMS.

Also try restarting your phone. It can get sluggish over time as memory and storage may be running low.
If the issue continues, you might want to consider cleaning up your phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should be included with your plan.  Which plan do you have ?  Try rebooting your phone.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fchartrand wrote:

@fchartrand hi data must be enabled for mms to work sending and receiving 

Need Help? Let's chat.