cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS suddenly stopped working: can't send or receive mms; everything else is fine. SMS, internet OK

joannasol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

30 days ago I was able to receive MMS but I can no longer. I have tried about 4 solutions in KB but no luck. What is the correct APN setting for HTC One M8? I have tried adding a new APN and setting its values or leaving them blank and other combinations. Still nothing. Thanks in advance! 

24 REPLIES 24

joannasol

Will do. Thanks!

Also try hang out dialer
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

joannasol

I am going to use a messaging app like whatsapp to send mms until I need to get a new phone.I cringe at resetting my phone - there is just too much stuff on it. Thanks for your help!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joannasol please keep us posted when you get a chance to do so.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

joannasol

Thank you for your excellent advice. I will try the other messaging apps. I will also clear my cache. Hope it works!

srlawren

@joannasol another option you could consider is trying a different texting app.  I'm not sure which one you're on, but there are several on the Google Play Store.  I personally like Textra SMS, but Chomp SMS is also popular, or if you're not already using Google's own Android Messages, it's worth a try too.  The other two are free to try but go to ad-based on unlock fee if you want to keep using after a while, whereas Messages is free.  As odd as the suggestion may sound, sometimes changing appps can solve some texting/MMS issues, at least in the short term.  It's less invasive than a factory reset, but I'd probably agree that's your next step if another app doesn't work.  Or you could try just clearing your current app's cache and wiping the system cache, neither of which will cause you to lose any data like a factory reset.  That's worth a try too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No problem
@joannasol
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

joannasol

Tech support recommended that I reset my phone but I have too much installed on it. I will find another phone and see if I can get mms working ther. Thanks everyone for your help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @joannasol

Sorry to hear about your MMS issue, 

I did receive a private message from you, let me look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

joannasol

Tried the default,mms but no. Just tagged a mod, hope they have a solution. Thanks!

joannasol

Thanks for the contact! I have another phone to test mms with.

joannasol

Thanks!

Here's another solution from @s2scotty

If you have multiple APNs listed, ONLY one, the PM one, should have the APN type "default".

Including "mms", as in, "default,mms" makes it clear TO THE PHONE to route MMS via this APN/carrier.  IT APPEARS CRITICAL THAT there are NO SPACES between the words and the commas (e.g. "default,<space>mms" = wrong and "default,mms" = correct). A trailing space proved an issue on a phone (e.g. "default, mms<space>" = wrong and "default,mms" = correct). Like "default", only the correct and active APN should include the "mms" tag.

*  Name: Mobile Internet

  APN: sp.mb.com

  Proxy: Unspecified

  Port: Unspecified

  Username: Unspecified

  Password: Unspecified

  Server: Unspecified

  MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

  MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

  MMS port: 80

  MCC: 302

  MNC: 220

  Authentication type: Unspecified

*  APN type: default,mms

*  APN roaming Protocol: IPv4

  Bearer: Unspecified

  MVNO type: GID

  MVNO value: 4D4F

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @joannasol... if not working yet I would tag @Shazia_K here as the MODs will swoop in at some point this morning and help out for sure.

Do you have another phone to try out with your sim card btw?

joannasol

Thanks! 

No problem joannasol
That's all we do here try to help each other it's like a chain hoping your issue will resolve by tomorrow

joannasol

Thanks for the advice. I will contact the mods if I cannot get it working tomorrow ...

After all that best bet send a quick msg to mod hopefully they will encounter your issues

joannasol

Thanks for the response. I have been having problems for more than a week. I did reboot several times...

joannasol

Thanks! I have tried that one but I will contact the mods after I have exhausted all the possible solutions.

SD08

@joannasol

Have you tried this one?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317/highli...

Otherwise, since it's been happening for a while, you should send a moderator a private message to have them take a look at your account.  How to contact moderators:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

mimmo

I was having an issue earlier today and yesterday.  but a while later things seemed to work again( i rebooted).  not sure  if the two are related or not. 

joannasol

Thanks for the info. Data is always on. I have tried the apn settings but nothing. I will keep trying different combinations of values for apn type and other settings. MMS worked for me for several months and suddenly stopped.

SD08

Have you made sure your data is simply turned on when sending or receiving mms?
MMS requires data to be turned on, as per this information from moderator MarieHelene_L:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Talk-and-Text-Promo-Plan/m-p/145415/...

Otherwise, these links may be helpful in setting APNs:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/141530/highl...

Sometimes it's easier to just create a new APN than edit an existing one.

Need Help? Let's chat.