cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS notification

Keithch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just switched to Public mobile with talk , text and data plan. I'm using and Andriod based phone. Talk , text and internet connection is working fine. But today my friend messaged me some pictures of the trip we had yesterday but all I see are a bunch of "MMS notification" messages and when I click on it I get "Start to download MMSs"  but nothing happens. Is there something else I need to set on my phone ? I'm using UmiDigi.

Thanks,

K

11 REPLIES 11

Keithch

yeah makes sense. I got the the last few pics. I think that's great it does work. I will ask my friend to send again the ones that were cancelled. Cheers 🙂

@Keithch wrote:

yeah, that's possible. I will go take a walk later and try it again outside and see if that helps.

It shouldn't take that long. I would try a new one now you have apn sorted and see if it comes through. We are only talking at the most a minute for a reasonably sized MMS. The fact that you did get some tells me it is working now and older ones might have been cancelled due to taking to long to send.

Keithch

yeah, that's possible. I will go take a walk later and try it again outside and see if that helps.

@Keithch wrote:

I checked my MMS settings: 

Retry times : 3 times

Autoplay : checked

MMS priority: high

Allow receipt : checked

Immediate retrieval: checked

automatic retrieve  messages during roaming: unchecked ( I just changed this to checked)

but interesting, the last 2 pics just popped in - even before I checked the auto retrieve or deleted any old messages. there's 7 more pics thats 'on queue' .  Maybe it takes time ? 

It may take time if you have a backlog.

Keithch

I checked my MMS settings: 

Retry times : 3 times

Autoplay : checked

MMS priority: high

Allow receipt : checked

Immediate retrieval: checked

automatic retrieve  messages during roaming: unchecked ( I just changed this to checked)

but interesting, the last 2 pics just popped in - even before I checked the auto retrieve or deleted any old messages. there's 7 more pics thats 'on queue' .  Maybe it takes time ? 

@Keithch wrote:

yes , cellular data is enabled on my phone. That's what I thought too...after fixing the APN issue. But it just does 'Start to download MMS" and still nothing happens.

In settings under messages do you have the option to turn on auto-retreive? 

Delete older messages if possible and try it again. If messages are too old they may not download.

Keithch

yes , cellular data is enabled on my phone. That's what I thought too...after fixing the APN issue. But it just does 'Start to download MMS" and still nothing happens.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

You need to turn on your cell mobile data service.

@popping wrote:

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

I just switched to Public mobile with talk , text and data plan. I'm using and Andriod based phone. Talk , text and internet connection is working fine. But today my friend messaged me some pictures of the trip we had yesterday but all I see are a bunch of "MMS notification" messages and when I click on it I get "Start to download MMSs"  but nothing happens. Is there something else I need to set on my phone ? I'm using UmiDigi.

Thanks,

K

You should be getting MMS now after fixing your APN setting on your phone.

Good point @popping! Is this still happening after fixing the APN settings?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Keithch wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

K

You should be getting MMS now after fixing your APN setting on your phone.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you enable your mobile data? I believe you need this on to receive MMS pictures.

Need Help? Let's chat.