cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messages not working

tonyalli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reason i'm not able to send or recieve mms messages, with or without  a picture.

I have looked at other topics with this issue and the fixes did not work for my phone.  Data is working on my phone.

I have an acer Zest Plus phone.  I used to be with Wind (Freedom) using the same phone with no issues for MMS messages.

I have attached my Data settingsScreenshot_20170805-140524.pngScreenshot_20170805-140545.pngScreenshot_20170805-140554.png

Thanks for any help,

Anthony

14 REPLIES 14

flora7166
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had that problem with my samsung S9.  What i did was went to settings and reset network settings.  It worked.

wayhaz2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this same problem with my Acer Zest on Public Mobile. Your solution has corrected the problem.

Thanks

tonyalli

Thanks for all the help.  I was directed to another thread with the solution.

@imm1304 solved it with the following

MMS should work and we can troubleshoot a little more to get it going for you.

• Make sure that you are not connected to wifi while attempting to send/receive MMS.  The data connection has to be on for MMS to work.  
  • Go back to the phone's APN settings and for "APN type" enter "default,mms,supl" and save.  Reboot the phone and test MMS.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/pic-issues-in-messaging/m-p/132116#M2...

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I had the same problem with my Freedom Mobile phone. My data did not work on PM's network. I had to do a factory reset and then it worked perfectly. Just be aware that you may lose some information if you don't back up the contents on your phone. Good luck.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tonyalli Some  Android phones from Wind have needed a factory reset in order to make a data connection to Public Mobile. If you have the dual SIM model try the other slot.

Also, I had a quick look for your phone's network specs and there may be a problem. Check its network connection against those used by Telus/PM here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tonyalli

Thanks everyone, tried all suggestions but still not working.  Even downloaded the google text app.  My mms has never worked since I switched to PM.  Going to try to contact a moderator.

Anthony

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

this has  happened to me a couple times in the past.  usually takes a couple hours and then i am able to send mms again.

Sorry, I meant to say make sure that the mobile data is on. 

I know some people sometime, turn off mobile data when wifi is on. 

Also on some older phones I have noticed that if you have both wifi and mobile data on at the same time, mms doesn't go through unless the wifi is turned off and mobile data is on. Used to happen to me on iPhone 4s

You can delete this apn and create a new one
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

tonyalli

Adding a new one with what settings.  Do I need to change anything that I had.

@NDesai wrote:

Try deleting that apn settings and adding a new one. 

It does not matter if your wifi is on or off. Data must be turned on in order to send and receive mms. 

Try deleting that apn settings and adding a new one. 

@Mana
As long data is enabled then mms suppose to work even though if someone connected to Wi-Fi
I would say try your sim in other phone if available to check if its service or hardware issue will resolve your issue if its service send a msg to mod they will look after you
Send a private message with your
phone number#,
and your email to mod along your details explaination and they will get back to you.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And if its phone issue try some third party app first and if that doesnt help then try reboot or factory reset last option. But backup your phone before resetting.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

tonyalli

What do you mean that I'm on wifi.

My Wifi is generally always on.  I just tried sending a picture message and it says sending for the past 2 minutes.  Do I have to be connected to wifi to send or recieve mms messages.

Also when I get a MMS it says to download it, but nothing happens.  it seems to timeout

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you are on wifi, try turning off your wifi, make sure your mobile data is on and then try again. 

Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.