cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Messaging

frosty34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone!

I started with Public today, as they have a $50 plan with lots of data and unlimited talk to the US, which is awesome.  However, I noticed the plan also said "Unlimited International Text".  The $30 plan said Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.

Does my plan not give me the ability to send pictures over text (apart from iMessage, which I know uses Wifi or Cell data)?  If I do, will I be charged extra?

Thanks!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4

frosty34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr @gblackma @kb_mv Thanks!  Wow this community rocks!  You all are awesome!

Thanks for the quick answer!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@frosty34 just make sure data, sms and mms are enabled and use the country exit code 011. Welcome to Public Mobile.  Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@frosty34 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I started with Public today, as they have a $50 plan with lots of data and unlimited talk to the US, which is awesome.  However, I noticed the plan also said "Unlimited International Text".  The $30 plan said Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.

Does my plan not give me the ability to send pictures over text (apart from iMessage, which I know uses Wifi or Cell data)?  If I do, will I be charged extra?

Thanks!

Chris

@frosty34   All current PM plans include global text/picture texting, unfortunately the plan details/wording is slightly inconsistent across the different plans.  Another quirk of PM.  But you're okay to send and receive MMS in your plan.  Welcome to PM 😊

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@frosty34 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!

Chris

@frosty34  No extra charge, you can send unlimited texts/pictures/MMS locally, nationally and internationally. Welcome to PM,

Need Help? Let's chat.