cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar New Year Promotion

chaylav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up with Public Mobile less than a month ago and now I see the Public Mobile Lunar New Year Promotion. Any chance I could get this applied to my account seeing as I am new? 

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chaylav wrote:

Just signed up with Public Mobile less than a month ago and now I see the Public Mobile Lunar New Year Promotion. Any chance I could get this applied to my account seeing as I am new? 

No. You will not get this promo.

If you activated your plan last month, you should have the 1GB gift data and 400 minutes gift international minutes + the 1 month free promo.

@gblackma wrote:

@chaylav do the math is it advantageous for you to abandon your current plan and sign up for a new one under the Lunar promotion? Keep in mind that you would need a new SIM, new number and lose any promotional rewards in your present account .

@chaylav wrote:

OR, to keep your current number open a new PM account WITH A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS now, then

1. open an account somewhere else and port out the original phone number, which will close your original PM account
  2. port-in the number from the new carrier to your new PM account, which will close the new carrier account

As noted, add up all the costs to be sure you want to do this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pmmobile fyi, I made the same suggestion regarding the Dec promotion and got a lot of warnings never to do it again. And about wasting moderators time.

@pmmobile wrote:

@chaylav  It wouldn't hurt to kindly request one of the moderators for a goodwill credit; however, it will be completely up to them. You can reach them using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 or by clicking on the "?" at the bottom of the screen

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chaylav  It wouldn't hurt to kindly request one of the moderators for a goodwill credit; however, it will be completely up to them. You can reach them using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 or by clicking on the "?" at the bottom of the screen

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chaylav do the math is it advantageous for you to abandon your current plan and sign up for a new one under the Lunar promotion? Keep in mind that you would need a new SIM, new number and lose any promotional rewards in your present account .

@chaylav wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have never seen a back dating of a promotion.  Only those who sign up during the promotional period get the deal, no exceptions.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@chaylav wrote:

I don't think so. It is only for new customers...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chaylav wrote:

@chaylav  Unfortunately no. The only way would be to signup as a new customer during the promotion period..

Need Help? Let's chat.